Discount On '05 ?

MikeP

Just thought I'd ask the group how much off of MSRP would you expect on an '05 LS430 with Premium Package, Smart Access and 18" wheels. I know the answer will vary depending on location, but I'm trying to establish some figure to approach my dealer with. Thanks for the advice.

Mike

None or very little for the first few months.

i even barly got 1.500 off on my 04 butt i think there will be a mark up on the new inventory. don't plan on it. the only was u can getr a lower price is iff u trade in a car way way below the trade in value of that car.

O U C H !!!! You guys are scaring me. I was expecting at least $2500 off. I guess the price dealers are getting is a testament to the demand for the LS430. Also, by selling close to the MSRP, it keeps the resale values high. It's still amazing to me that with almost $8000 profit, dealers aren't willing to discount more. On the minus side for me is there is only one dealer here, so no competition, but on the plus side, this will be my 4th Lexus purchased form this dealer. I'm hoping this makes a difference. Maybe that's wishful thinking. What does scare me are the comments about an increase in MSRP. If that happens, I presume Lexus will also increase the '06 prices so that when the new design is introduced for the '07 model, the price jump won't be as great. I just hope Lexus doesn't price the car out of my range. It's close now.

Mike

The G.M. i spoke with told me Lexus is exporting more SUV's than cars because people seem to be on a SUV buying binge. Since auto makers in Japan can only export a certain amount of vehicles & since the profit margin on lower priced vehicles is greater, fewer higher priced autos are being shipped out each time around. Dealers end up with few LS430's each time and thus, the demand out weighs the supply.

I can tell you that is how it goes here. I called 6 dealers in my surrounding area in an attempt to get the color and pkg i wanted. I had to settle for a lower pkg just so i could get the color combo which was first on my list. My only other recourse would have been to special order and go through the extended wait which i wasn't willing to do. Dealers usually get 2 shipments each month. I was sort of lucky because the color combo i wanted was arriving in the dealers second montly allocation stock. Had i not put down a $1K deposit, the dealer was not going to guarantee the vehicle would arrive unsold. The G.M. actually showed me his upcoming delivery sheet & then proceeded to show me that all but 2 white 430's had deposits on them. :unsure:

John

You should have gotten way more than $1500 off your 04. My dad got $3000 off his 04 right after they came out, but he's a salesman and has a habit of making car salesmen cry lol.

Honestly Mike, I'd buy an 04...

You should have gotten way more than $1500 off your 04. My dad got $3000 off his 04 right after they came out, but he's a salesman and has a habit of making car salesmen cry lol.

Honestly Mike, I'd buy an 04...

Ditto on that........

You could save up to $5000--IMHO

Good luck - THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD!!!

O U C H !!!! You guys are scaring me. I was expecting at least $2500 off.

Well there ARE ways to get $5000+ off. Like willingness to buy a '04 and willingness to travel to a large metropolitan area where there are muliple Lexus dealers and willingness to wait until the end of the month in December, January or July.

You could start by emailing dealers in selected big cities and asking them for an "internet special price" on an LS430 with a specific set of options and all with the same retail (MSRP) price. That way you learn about availability of the car you want and which dealers are the most aggressive on price. I followed this procedure in the Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay Area and quickly narrowed down the number of dealers I would consider doing business with. Practically every dealer has a "internet sales manager."

Also, search the archives of the Pricing Forum and you'll see examples where buyers got $5000-$6000 off on '04 LS430's

this is kinda off the topic usually i wouldnt ask here but the RX forumers arent as friendly with me as the forumers in here never got much of a response from them, anyways does these money off msrps go for RX330s dad is ready to buy the 05's, btw does anyone know when the list of options and standards are released for 05 RX's? im really considering emailing the lexus dealers since there is at least 2 in my immediate area....

anythoughts ?