Did Lexus Make An Es300 Convertible?

I saw a canvas top 02-04 ES today on my way to the bank in the richer part of Delaware (Greenville area for anyone familiar). I didn't know Lexus had produced a canvas top version, or am I mistaken? It had some sort of silver emblem on the C-pillar area of the top, just above and in front of the trunk. I didn't have much time to look at it but I'm sure it wasn't just a paint job, it was definately a convertible, and it looked like the emblem was some sort of limited/special edition emblem. The driver looked pretty elderly, not really the type who would indulge in radical body work.

Was I just seeing things or did Lexus make these? I don't know if it was a 300 or 330, as I was turning and didn't get to see the tailend.

word

My guess is it was simply an ES with an aftermarket canvas top. Not a convertible but a canvas top similar to what they do to Lincolns and Cadillacs etc. That would make sense about the elderly driver as they're the ones that usually go for that sort of thing.

The SC430 doesn't have a canvas top anyways ;)

I'm 99.9% sure the car I'm talking about a 4dr. customized convertible was convertible rather than just having a canvas top, it was a long time ago.

I can see a Gen. I, II, III LS with a canvas top but a ES :blink:

The SC430 doesn't have a canvas top anyways

Thats why I love it so much. I just mentioned it because I thought maybe someone just went retro and tried to make it look customized......!

I meant the car skeemer saw ;)

I've seen some pretty weird cars with canvas tops lol, Mercury Sables etc. Old people with money can be weird, I'm surprised it didn't have a continental spare and wire wheels ;)

I seen tons of fake rag tops with the bulges to make it look real but they aren't

the es is such a flimsy frame it would be almost impossible to make a real cab , but with enough money thrown at a project and anything can happen that isn;t feasable

skeemer, was it a 4 door.

If not, I'm thinking Solara convertable.

steviej

I'm thinking the Solara Convertible too. It looks enough like a Lexus that it could be mistaken for one.

I was at the Toyota showroom this morning calling on a customer and they had a Solara Convertible in there with all of the bells & whistles. I sat in it for a few minutes and it was really nice. The interior was well appointed and the leather was nice. It was much nicer than any of the newer Camry's that I have been in.

IMHO the Solara looks MUCH better than the new SC. If only it had a V8. If this is what Toyota is putting out in their regular lineup...

• 2 weeks later...

that's a carraige top. It is not a functioning convertable roof, I do not believe. I think it is an overlay to look like a rag top. i have seen this before on things live Buicks and Caddys. But never an ES.