Homelink Failure To Sync

grassypond

I programmed my wifes car and my parents on the Genie rolling code sys. The first thing you do is press the button you want to program until it starts to flash, then press your old remote close to it. Then press the programming button on the garage door opener, run to your car and press the button you want to program. I've done this 3 or 4 times and they work everytime. Good luck and let us know if you have any problems. :cheers:

Appreciate the advise. Worked as you said. I skipped straight to the 'rolling code' instructions in :D my previous attempts. Therefore, missed the initial steps. Which by the way, the manual did not mention had to be done before the rolling :D code instructions.....Thanks again

ahhh which button on my garage door opener is the programming button? I've been having problems with this, but didn't know it was because of the rolling code.

We just bought our house last October, and it came with one of those Genie RC openers. I can't seem to get it to work with the homelink system. I have no problem getting the security gate code to work, probably because I don't have to worry about a rolling code.

There are three buttons on the garage door opener. The big long one, which opens the door. I don't know what the other two do, is one of them this "program" key?

Hi Kingkong, non of the buttons are "The" programming button. Each button can work a differant gate or garage door opener. Let me know if you need more help. B)

mb, thanks for the help. La Quinta is a nice place, I love playing golf out there. I'm playing at the new course here in SoCal Arroyo Trabuco on Thursday, and Canyon Crest Country Club out in Riverside on Friday. I'm living in Garden Grove now, about 1 mile south of Disneyland, where golf as well as gas is freaking expensive.

About the garage door opener -

I know there are three buttons that can be programmed on the homelink in the car. I'm talking about the programming button that you refer to on the garage door opener - what is that? My garage door opener says Genie Security+, is this the rolling code kind? If not, I guess I should be able to program it pretty easily, I just picked up the 1998 GS 400 and don't have the instructions on how to do it.

My understanding is that Security + openers are of the "rolling code" type. If you don't have an owners manual, which includes programming instructions, you can view an owners manual on-line by registering at www.lexus.com

Or you can find some fairly detailed instructions by searching for "homelink" on this forum.

A lot of people find it a bit confusing to program the Lexus remote control to work with a rolling code opener - probably because the instructions are not exact - different garage door opener models require slightly different programming techniques.

Most importantly, there are two separate sets of instructions to follow.

The first set of instructions involves using an existing handheld remote control to program your Lexus remote control

The second set of instructions does not use the handheld remote control and involves pushing a programming button located on the garage door motor housing.

And after a power failure, the Lexus garage door opener will not work until after the garage doors are first opened once with the hardwired garage door opener buttons in the garage.

• 1 year later...

I tried following the 98LS instruction manual for the rolling code version and could not make it work until I foillowed the instructions in my wife's Avalon manual that said to press and hold BOTH buttons (opener remote and HomeLink button on the car) for TWENTY seconds. That little 20 second detail was left out of the Lexus manual. Worked fine at that point.