Flooded Vehicle!

93LSOwner

Hi,mainly id say the engine and box and diff will be the main things to worry about cos of water getting into the side of where it shouldnt be,oh and fuel tank...

If them problems have been dealt with then it should be ok...and electrics,motors and engine ecu.

all flood vehicles are buyer

they usually always have no warranty anymore as tehy are slavage title

i would buy an older less elctronic flood repair.

a newer one is just waiting to have electrical gremlins

flooded cars are not worth it. well anything SALVAGE isn't worth it!!! i have a friend that isn't very happy with his car, didn't get flooded but is a former Salvage. Now he's trying to sell it, ppl say they won't buy it at any price!!!

you can sell and buy salvage title car on ebay:) i bought 99 v6 accord coupe with flood damage on ebay for my bro recently for half price:)

My father purchased a Toyota Corolla about 7 years ago which had a salvage title and was damaged from the front. The car never had any major problems, except for the paint, when we bought it the paint was shiny but after a year or two the hood, roof, and the trunk's paint is faded and dull.

But, we bought the car cheap.

Samething happened with my friend's Acura. Salvage title and wrecked from the front. No problems except for the dullness of the paint plus, he bought it for a price that a car with a clear title would cost. :wacko:

There are a lot of dealers here who sell salvage titled cars and fix them up too. And they are doing great because there prices are a little less than half of what a clear titled car would cost.

Overall, salvage titled cars have there own advantages and disadvantages. Like everything else in the world. :)

don't mess with a flood car..........the price might lead you into it, but don't do it...........

sooner or later you will have big problems, mainly with all the electrical in the car.

those components aren't made to get wet, and when they do its only a matter of time b/f they will fail.

now a car with a salvage title, meaning the damage was more than the car was worth,,is a different story if repaired right the car will run fine.........but thats completely different than a salvaged flood car.

good luck :cheers: