Headlight Plastic Cleaning . . .

Hey Guys,

I finally got the initiative to pull the headlights out of my '92 ES300 to give them a good polish inside and out (using the over the break the urethane seal).

Anyways, I ave done one light and I managed to get rid of all the yellowness, which is great! I drove at nighttime with one clean and one dirty headlight, and was amazed at the difference in light output! The clean side was SOO MUCH brighter!

Anyways, I am happy that I got rid of the yellowness, but one problem still remains. If you look at my headlight lenses with the lights on, it looks like there are tiny cracks goin all over the headlight (because the light refracts through these cracks). You know what cracked glass vases look like? That is kind of what my headlights look like, but not quite so extreme.

Does anyone kow if it is possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Bryan

Well, I don't think that they are cracks . . . I mean they just look like a cracked glass vase . . .

I think they are actually some kind of scratch that is all over the headlights. It kind of looks like a mosaic. You can't feel the lines, but you can see them . . .

Thanks!

Bryan

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Well, I tried some metal polish as described earlier. Although it took off a little bit more oxidation than the plastic polish, it didn't remove the scratches. I have already tried Meguires PlastX which works awesome at removing oxidation, but didn't remove the scratches either.

Anyways, my light are really clean and clear now, but they still have these fine scratches through them. I think I inaccurately decribed them before. The scratches are very fine, and are all over the headlight lenses. They kind of look like they could have been created by a coarse winter snow brush or something. They are most noticeable when the lights are on, because the light refracts a little bit through the scratches.

Will the mirror glaze product help me if I already tried Meguire's PlastX with no luck?

Thanks!

Bryan