Washing The Car - Soap, Towels Etc

First post here. Hi to all. I just purchased an IS 250 and was wondering what was the best (simple) way to clean it on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I have heard great suggestions here on drying (towels vs others). However I have other questions before I go out and purchase any cleaning products.

1 - Any recommended soaps?

2 - Towels or other for drying?

3 - Microfiber or sponge?

4 - Wax?

5 - Tire shine?

6 - Interiors?

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gustavo

First post here. Hi to all. I just purchased an IS 250 and was wondering what was the best (simple) way to clean it on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I have heard great suggestions here on drying (towels vs others). However I have other questions before I go out and purchase any cleaning products.

1 - Any recommended soaps?

2 - Towels or other for drying?

3 - Microfiber or sponge?

4 - Wax?

5 - Tire shine?

6 - Interiors?

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gustavo

ZAINO is the way to go !!!

http://www.zainostore.com/

ZAINO is the way to go !!!

http://www.zainostore.com/

Ya beat me to it!! Lots of people swear by Zainos. I use the wash, and a couple of their polishes, as well as the quick detailer. It has always served me well. It doesn't hurt that Lexus has some of the finest finishes in the industry tho!

for tire dressing I use a gel made by Pinnacle, and for the leather I use Leatherique.

I use the wax de jour and top it off with a coat of Zaino CS. It gives a little extra shine and a protectective coating. Some don't like this type of shine, but I like the protection and it lasts quite a while.

For the interior and all the rubber seals I use the Lexol kit with leather cleaner, conditioner, and a plastic and rubber dressing. I do that about every 6 months.

003.jpg

Sad part is my Zaino CS is used for my wheels, Kubota tractor, stainless steel frig, stove etc............. :D ;)

Wife discovered it too? Good for almost anything. :D

I've always liked Mequiar's for the regular go to the store and buy supplies people. I mean Zaino is supposed to be good but I have never seen it in the store, just online :rolleyes: Anyway Meguiar's is at Advance and they make interior and exterior polishes/waxes, etc. All very good stuff, too

Griots is great because its one stop shopping, and their catalogs are fun to look at. A lot of their products are rebranded though and marked up in price.