Hood Ornament On Ebay

I've found a Lexus hood ornament on EBay recently. It looks like a Mercedes ornament, with the Lexus "L" instead. I was interested, and now I've found several sellers.

The ornament is chrome, and ships from Hong Kong. It costs about $25 including shipping. Not a bad price, but my question is-

Do you think this is excessive for a gold trimmed 94 LS400? I would have to get the ornament plated in gold, but that's not the problem. I'm just wondering if a hood ornament is too much-changing my original well maintained Lexus to a street rod?

Your thoughts are appreciated. I almost bought it, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks.

Actuall it is just as easy to remove old emblems as new ones

ust heat tehm up and dental floss tehm away in seconds

i have seen the caddy style hood emblem on a GS it looks weird to me

maybe because i am not used to seeing one

Hi skperformance, I'm going to replace all of my emblems and want to know the tricks of the trade. What to you use to heat them up? I notice that the wheel emblems looked like they are hot glued on from the inside. Does that sound right?

Thanks

Nice pics 93LSOwner, not sure that I would ever do that to mine though

My "hood ornament" complaint is that none of the current ones are functional. Ideally, the hood ornament should help to deflect bugs from hitting the windshield. The old Packard Courmarant, Chief Pontiac, Caddy's Flying Lady, and Kiser's winged beastie along with the hood shape actually worked. It is a shame that the Lexus engineers didn't throw a few bugs into the wind tunnel while they were desiging the airflow around the car.

It uses 3m tape on the back of the emblems

if left in the sun for a few hours it heats up quite well as does a hair dryer

there are littel nubs to hold them in though so it will leave holes on some of them