Exdotcomer

I was mine weekly and then every couple of days I stop off at the spray wash bay, spray it off and spray it off well with the spot free rinse, helps keep it looking better.

Around my place it happens like this.

First the pollen

Then when thats over the sap starts to run so you have to wash the cars in the garage or they'll be covered in sap before you're done.

Then the bugs

Then its fall :rolleyes:

you don't have to wash it everytime pollen gets on the car, especially if u have just recently washed and dried the car, and it hasn't rained

just give her a good go over with the ole california car duster, takes all the pollen off and leaves it just like you've washed and dried it.

works great!

really??

i use it all the time, haven't seen any swirls, but i use linear motions with it also. i don't brush in cirlces

how would a soft duster like the CCD cause swirls in the paint???

especially if you are using it on a clean car, meaning no dirt, just pollen

Quote: you don't have to wash it everytime pollen gets on the car, especially if u have just recently washed and dried the car, and it hasn't rained

just give her a good go over with the ole california car duster, takes all the pollen off and leaves it just like you've washed and dried it.

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I totally agree

Pollen:the yellow dust you see in the air made up of small cells from blooming plants and are one of the most common allergy triggers. The pollen from trees is are main concern, our vehicles get hit with pollen laced trees that include: oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, polar, sycamore, maple, cypress and walnut. As well as being an allergic it is both an abrasive and a corrosive type dust especially when mixed with water (“Always add the acid to the water – never add the water to acid” Chemistry 101) and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.

On the dry pollen dust use a (California Car Duster) lightly brush the surface using long strokes in one direction only. When the pollen is wet remove with a damp waffle weave towel, to avoid scratching, using as little pressure as possible, again wiping in one direction only.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

Hit the car with a QD and make sure they are actually swirl marks and not just smearing of the Paraffin wax. That happens sometimes.

I've never had my CCD scratch.

I never understood why the pollen didn't blow off when you drive. My wife (who is a doctor) said it is because pollen is made to stick. She said it has tiny barbs like a burdock that can grasp even the tiniest surface.

When the pollen is heavy the Cal duster only does a good job for awhile. I guess I need to wash it. Pollen season is one of the least favorite for car cleaning people like us. Glad it is gone here, now we have the may flies and they can rip a chuck of skin out right quick! Add bug spray to your detailing supplies!