Steve Teske

Want to buy used RX400h from Owner

Hi,

I have a long commute and some leg issues that require a fairly upright seating position.  I think the RX400h will work great for me because it’s super comfortable and decent on gas. Oh, and I’m on a tight budget. 

i’m trying to buy a used RX400h. I’d like to get a 2007, 2008 or 2009 model with a clean history and 100k-150k miles.  

I could buy from dealerships, but I’d rather make a win-win deal with an owner. 

For example if a person where to take their RX400h to CARMAX or a dealership they might get $2k-5k. I’d be willing to pay a lot more for the same vehicle. 

If anyone has a vehicle or knows any forums where I could find sellers I would greatly appreciate it.  

I live in the Washington DC area.  

-Thanks, Steve. 

Edited by Steve Teske
Corrected Title

Steve, have you already perused Autotrader.com and craigslist? I'm not sure why you are excluding the 2006 model but I can tell you that they, too are very reliable vehicles. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jim in MN
      Hi:  New to the forum and hoping to buy an RX400h.  To be honest, I wasn't even considering a Lexus because I figured it was beyond our budget and didn't get the mpg that we need.  But then I came across some things the other night and was quite surprised by what I found.
      The units that I've looked at are in the 2006-2008 range and normally at 100k.  From what I've been able to read here, it seems that the battery system is probably of greatest concern.  Is there a way to test the battery before purchasing -- or is this a crapshoot?  Also, what other things would be important to look at?
      Per our needs:  I live in a small rural community.  Much of my driving includes trips of 20 miles or less one way, though there are plenty of long rides, as well..  I drive about 35k/year.  I need to get at least 25 mpg on hwy.  Am I wrong to think that the RX400h would be a good fit?
      Many thanks,
      Jim
    • By jabowsi
      Hi All, Tought I would show the reliability of these great cars.
      My RX400h SE-L is still in great shape and still on the same Hybrid battery from new!
      It's been serviced by Lexus Dealer twice a year for it's entire life so far.
      Current mileage just about to go up to 250.000
      Can any one else add to the list of 200.000 mile RX models?

• By TheLexGirl
      Okay so... I own a Lexus RX400h and I have noticed that when my A/C is on my car is not as quiet as it used to be. For some reason It was vibrating ONLY when the A/C is on and also made a rattling sound but kind of low. When I turn off the A/C the car goes to normal. My father checked under the hood and he thinks that it is the fan for the air conditioner. I am taking it to the dealer anyway to get it looked at but I would like to know if somebody here already did this service and how much it was. I already did a super complete service a year ago and they replaced a LOT of things. This service was almost $3,000. If I have to spend much more I swear I'll sell this car. -_-
    • By Sfdato
      I recently replaced my rear brake pads on my 2006 Lexus RX400h, and when I started the car after the replacement, there was a "Check VSC System" that appeared, with a red "BRAKE" logo, an orange "ABS" logo, and other logos came on too. I'm confused because I did a neat job on the brake pad change, and I'm wondering what's wrong with it. The owners manual says to contact your Lexus dealer, and I'm trying to find out if I can fix this problem myself before I take it to the dealer. The car is alright to drive right now, but I want to also know if it's okay to keep driving with the VCS and logo errors on.
    • By Melissa8
      This just randomly started showing up on our Lexus RX 400h.  The book says it's something related to the "traction battery status".
      Is this something I should be concerned about?
      Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.