New Lexus Owner!

Qafas

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as the new owner of a very old lexus. :) I browsed through this website extensively over the past couple of months, while I was looking for a car, and think that it is a super site. I was able to pick up quite a few pearls of wisdom regarding Lexuses from various people here, and would like to thank all who contribute their knowledge.

My car is a 91 LS400, black on tan, w/ 155K on it. I am fortunate to have found one that was very well taken care of by its owner; it drives like a dream, and ALL the electronics are working, including the infamous clock/temp screen!!!!! Well, they previous owner had it replaced. Anyway, I am glad to be a lexus owner, and look forward to contributing on this site occasionally while browsing often.

Happy driving!

Q

Welcome!

If you have not found him yet, I highly recommend Ben Bennett's Exact Performance at 9900 W 62 Terrace - just west of I-35 and north of Shawnee Mission Parkway: 913-384-4555. Ben and his mechanics were formerly with a Lexus dealer and have been servicing my cars (and my next door neighbor's) for years - I do the easy stuff, he does the more difficult work. 99lsguy (Lees Summit) is very active in this forum. Feel free to PM me anytime about local service and parts.

Good luck!

Jim

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be sure to check out Exact Performance, Jim. The guy I bought the car from also got all his work done in Shawnee, and highly recommended it over a Lexus dealership. He gave me the address to this place, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll bet it is the same place that you have mentioned.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures (if I can get them to post). I think the car needs a bit of detailing, especially the leather. I'm sure I'll get around to it in a few days.

Nice to meet all of you.

Q

post-4-1083204858.jpg

Qafas,

Check out the detailing forum -- BLAKE918 has done some serious cleaning to his ES and LS - (really good stuff)

Go get some Woolite (mix 1:5 with water) and the seats will come clean. Also, "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" - found at walmart is good too!!

Glad to have you in the LOC Oafus. Your car is beautiful. I am also impressed that you have quickly figured out all the forum controls. I still have problems posting pictures.

Thanks everyone. The wheels are 16 in., chips.

Hey Jim, it turns out as I suspected - the previous owner used to get all his work done at Ben Bennett's place. Now that you're also recommending it, I"m sure I'll be getting any and all needed work done there.