Is It Nakim. Or Stock

i have read in some posts here that the stock system doesnt have bass mid and treble adjustments, and the nakim. does.. my 98 gs400 with navigation has the bass mid and treble adjustments in the audio area on the nav screen.. but there isnt a nakim. logo on the front of the unit.. sooo. is it a nakim. or stock????

I don't have a definitive answer for you, but, my 99 is the same as yours.

I have nav and had read in Lexus sales docs that you cannot get the Nakamichi and Nav together.

I have the bass/mid/treble adjustment like you do, but am not sure if this radio is a slight upgrade over the stock radio. (I have 6CD too, as I presume you do, but again, I'm not sure if they all came with it)

Someone with a GS with a standard radio should answer this but isn't the knob on the right side of the radio a multifunction knob that adjusts treble, mid-range and bass? I think it works like a similar multifunction knob on our Camry but I can ask our secretary who has a GS300 tomorrow. As least in the LS, the Nav and stock radios had similar output specs and the same amplifier. The Nak system in the 2000 LS actually had 5W less output at each tweeter and midrange speaker but about twice the output from the subwoofer in the rear deck.

yes, i have the nav.....

You do to, right?? Do you have that amp in the right side of the trunk?

Edit:

The more I think about it, the more I have to go back to the original post Blue....

"i have read in some posts here that the stock system doesnt have bass mid and treble adjustments, and the nakim. does..."

I don't think that's a correct statement in that other thread.

Hey guys. I have a 99 GS4 with the Nakamichi. It has all three knobs for bass/mid/treble. The big knob on the left is just volume, not multifunction. I don't have Nav as I wanted the Nakamichi. Hope this helps.

KJ

ditto on my 1998 gs400