Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, I've looked thru these pages for a few years now just never joined until now. I have a 1991 LS400 which I replaced the starter on and everything seems put back together correctly except I notice that there is a ground wire located between back of engine and firewall more on the passenger side that is not connected to anything. I cannot figure out by looking where it goes, I haven't been able to find anything on Google, nothing showing me in pictures, I've looked on all the forums but no luck. I have looked at the wiring diagrams but I dunno if its just me but I can't get my answer from looking at any of those either. Here is a picture of it and where it's at among with a pic of whole car, maybe someone will like it and be kinda incentive to take time and help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to hearing from someone asap. I don't wanna start it and drive until I know where it goes. I just put a couple more pics up. The ground that I'm asking about connects to the wire that I point to in the yellow arrow in pic.  Dunno exactly where that goes but it runs under bottom of motor on passenger side of it. 

2016-02-29_15.11.02.jpg

2016-03-03 16.41.52.jpg

2016-03-03 16.40.36.jpg

Edited by stricklybizn3ss
Better pictures

I just looked on a 92. There is no free wire there, just the loom, and yes it is also a Trac car.  It looks like someone has torn into that loom and plastic conduit and exposed a bunch of the wires. Unknown why it looks like some are going behind the heater hoses towards the valve. Need a clear close photo of what is going on there. Would have been nice to see it all before everything was put back together.

Okay even checked 1990, it looks the same as the 92. Where are the wires going behind that lower hose? Don't forget to connect the trac connector.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Logan pool
      I took my 98 ls400 to a mechanic because the car would not accelerate unless it was completely floored, I had already replaced the throttle position sensor and I took it to the mechanic to replace the acceleration position sensor, after he replaced it and reconnected the battery the car wouldn’t even start anymore and he was getting codes for something like a security problem, and the security light was flashing but if I remember right it has always been flashing. There was also a code for the ECM (computer), I have no idea what the problem is so anything anyone can tell me would help, thank you.
    • By DavidLS
      Anyone know what this is ? 
      next to the drive train. Not the bushings in the back it’s more forward 

• By two.colored.ls400
      Does anyone have a part number or a link where I could find a new fuel pump for my 2000 Ls400???
    • By markquila
      Hello -
      My daughter totaled her 95 so we found a 96 and put the much lower mile engine in. Engine runs fabulous just like in the other car. After a few hours of running, the engine light comes on. Nether LS had codes before the swap Checked codes and get these: "PO450 Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor Sensor/ Switch" and "PO430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2". . 
      What I could find on out there was limited but I believe the 96 had an emission system that the 95 did not. I still have the 95 as a parts car so looking for best options to turn the engine light off for these errors. Again, engine runs fine and she is driving it every day. 
      Thanks in advance for any assistance. 
      Mark 

• By Davislasson
      Hi everybody,
      I own a Lexus ES350 2013. Recently, when stopped at a light there is a faint steering wheel vibration, has someone here ever encountered this problem? and do not know if anyone ever found the cause and got this resolved
      Thanks!