My 96 Ls400 With 20" Wheels

fromundr

Thanks for the great response! I have had the wheels for approximatly 1 month. I used to work for american racing and was given a set as a going away present. I really was not looking into putting 20's on my Lexus fearing that the ride would really suffer. I figured I would take the set put them on for a couple of weeks (let my boss see them on my car) then sell them. The wheels are a +50 offset and the bolt pattern is the same as a ford Explorer. I figured they would be easy to sell. Well got them on and to my surprise I had to make NO modifications. Clearance is perfect with the closets area being the Bolt on the upper control arm, I have about 3/4" Clearence. The biggest surprise is that my ride did not deterioate as much as I expected. I guess the lexus suspension is good enough to compensate for the change in wheels. I have really warmed up to these wheels and am contemplating keeping them! Before I put these on, I would never have guessed that they would fit so perfectly!!

did you lower ur car or you have stock suspension?

i have a 96 too and i'm worried if its gonna look bad with stock suspension and 19 inchers

Has anyone had any problems going up to 20's? what is the preferred specs for doing this, offset etc, also if I don't go to 20, but maybe 18, 19, would the offset etc be the same? I have a 95 LS400.

This site is awesome!