Is300 To Es300 Rims?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the forum. I own a '98 ES300 and like most of you, are trying to customize it. I just dropped in a k&n filter, bought the upper and lower grill kits off of ebay, and had my windows tinted. It's still pretty hard to pick out my car in crowded parking lot. I was hoping that some nice rims would set it off. Here's the problem, I'm really stuck on having rims with the lexus logo in the center of them. I really like the stock (non-chrome) 17" IS300 rims. Will the '01 or newer IS300 rims fit on my '98 ES300? If so, anyone know a good place to get stock rims? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I recently had some finish chip off of my blackout pillars. The dealership said that the parts would be about $100.00 to replace. Are there any good places to purchase ES300 parts such as this or performance parts (i.e. body kits, skirts, rotors)?

Found some stock IS300 rims on E-bay for just around $300.00. I'm a little worried that the rims wont be flush with the side of the car. Anyone have any pictures of an ES300 with IS300 rims?

Had my shop install Xenon bulbs on my car. Had the high, low, and fog lights done for $95.00. I hate it when people but in bright whites and forget to change out their fog lights.

you woill not be able to add rims that are flush as it will hit the body in the rear, only flared fenders allow space to movewith a narrow tire.

you will need to add 5mm spacers to get the rears to look right

also go back an complain to the dealer about the paint as it is common

there is another thread with the same problem on the board

I think with the IS rim you will not need a spacer since it is a 17X7 rim. I put the gs430 rims on my Es and I needed 1/4 inch spacers in the rear because it is a 17X8 rim and it was rubbing against the strut in the rear. In the front I had no problems. I personally would try to stay away from spacers as much as possible becuase you may get vibration and you cannot put a hub centering spacer or a hub centering ring since the hub size on the rim and the car are both the same size.

• 3 months later...
I think with the IS rim you will not need a spacer since it is a 17X7 rim. I put the gs430 rims on my Es and I needed 1/4 inch spacers in the rear because it is a 17X8 rim and it was rubbing against the strut in the rear. In the front I had no problems. I personally would try to stay away from spacers as much as possible becuase you may get vibration and you cannot put a hub centering spacer or a hub centering ring since the hub size on the rim and the car are both the same size.

That's a really good question... On similar subject, can I put rims from ES300s from other years onto my 98 ES300? i.e. 2000 rims on a 98? Will there be speedometer issues?

Thanks!

Joe

On similar subject, can I put rims from ES300s from other years onto my 98 ES300? i.e. 2000 rims on a 98? Will there be speedometer issues?

Thanks!

Joe

Joe, I've seen a '97 ES around here with the 16" OEM wheels from the '00-'01 ES model. As long as you stick with the tire factory spec of 205/60-16, your '98 ES should have no problems with the 16" OEMs.

On similar subject, can I put rims from ES300s from other years onto my 98 ES300?  i.e.  2000 rims on a 98?  Will there be speedometer issues?

Thanks!

Joe

Joe, I've seen a '97 ES around here with the 16" OEM wheels from the '00-'01 ES model. As long as you stick with the tire factory spec of 205/60-16, your '98 ES should have no problems with the 16" OEMs.

You Guys rock - Thanks! Now If can just get rid of the thumping in the trunk and the rattling from the front suspension...

Cheers -

Joe

:cheers: