Lexus Ls Facelift?

Johnny2by4

Hello Im new to the forum. I recently just made a few changes to the front end of my LS and I wanted to get a few suggestions or opinions on how it looks. Contructive criticism is welcomed too!

Very tasteful. I see chrome grill slats, clear turn signal and side marker light lenses and aftermarket headlight/foglight units (Depo, Eagle Eyes?). I would stop there but I'm very conservative.

I'd bet that you could hide the minor curb rash on the lip of your bumper with some spray paint like from http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Lexus/1994-Lexus-LS400.html

Thank you for your response and your help! It is much appreciated. I was actually looking around for some touchup paint but wasn't sure were to look. Thanks!

Yes they are eagle eyes. I just put hids in them but im hoping they aren't blinding people. You are like a legendary member on here lol so Ive read almost every post on the eagle eyes and have heard good things so I got em.

Yes they are eagle eyes. I just put hids in them but im hoping they aren't blinding people. You are like a legendary member on here lol so Ive read almost every post on the eagle eyes and have heard good things so I got em.

I may be legendary in my own mind but nowhere else.

Well, you would blind the $#!+ out of people for sure if you had put an HID kit in the OEM headlights. As long as you have a sharp beam cutoff that is below the eye level of oncoming drivers on level roads then you might not be hurting people too badly. The 1990 LS400 that I owned for 13 1/2 years was very sensitive to passenger and cargo load. When I had a full load of passengers and luggage in the trunk, its OEM headlights did a great job of lighting up the tree tops and blinding other drivers. The only gen 1 LS400's that don't have this problem are the ones with air suspension which keeps the car level with a full load.

All gen 1 LS400 sold in the UK and Europe had a beam adjustment switch on the dash to adjust the beam level downward when the car was loaded - wish we could have had that here on the gen 1 LS400. I thought it was funny that the 2014 Sienna Limited van I bought last year has a beam adjustment switch on the dash that looks just like the one in the UK/Europe gen 1 LS400.

Thanks! I put a lot of work into it. I'll be uploading a couple of pics of my beam pattern with the eagle eyes soon since ive been adjusting them. They are bright!

Hi Paul,

Sorry. No disrespect intended to anybody.

Johnny,

Paul is insane and drools in his soup. He has a hunchback, a peg leg and thinks he is Napoleon one day and Fidel Castro the next. Pay no attention to him. :closedeyes:

Jim

• Like 1

Hey Johnny2x4 from Carolina. Man, that really looks great. I have used Eagle Eyes replacement on many vehicles and found them to be very good. Your cars looks like it came that way and everyone will think it's new. Besides, after just putting the cover on my truck because it might rain, I appreciate people who care enough to cover. Your paint looks amazing.

Denny

Thanks Denny I appreciate it a lot man. I have a few nicks on the paint here or there but im pleased for it being a 20+ year old car. Need to get a garage lol but that will come later in the near future. I feel like a lot of age has been lifted off the car for some reason.

Ahh Johnny, nice to have you around. Nothing against my middle of the country and Cali friends but being a dedicated east coaster myself, I live about 12 miles from Moyock, NC and I do appreciate you Carolina boys. Most peoples cars look like **** and to see a 20 year old rig looking nice and someone who cares is even better. Yeah, you are a car people and we sure like that around here.

Had my feet in the Atlantic yesterday. Much warmer than feet in Cali.

Denny

Hi Paul,

Sorry. No disrespect intended to anybody.

Johnny,

Paul is insane and drools in his soup. He has a hunchback, a peg leg and thinks he is Napoleon one day and Fidel Castro the next. Pay no attention to him. :closedeyes:

Jim

These assertions are totally false. I do NOT drool in my soup and I challenge anyone to prove it

Paul

Likewise Denny. Im happy to be here. Its crazy when I see an LS in bad shape or any other Lexus for that matter, its like looking at zombies for me lol. When im at the pull a part its like looking at dead bodies so I dont like seeing them in bad shape man.