Rotors Keep Warping

rich21

my front rotors where vibrating real bad so i just bought new ones and new brake pads. ebc green stuff and just regular rotors. they were good for a little bit but now its coming back again. how do you keep rotors from warping?

1. Use only genuine Toyota pads and rotors.

2. Become a calmer, gentler driver who avoids abrupt stops and who turns off the overdrive or uses lower gears to control vehicle speed on long downgrades.

3. Buy a torque wrench and check/adjust the wheel nut torque every time the wheels are removed for any reason. Many shops overtorque the nuts or torque them unevenly and this can lead to warped rotors.

1. Use only genuine Toyota pads and rotors.

2. Become a calmer, gentler driver who avoids abrupt stops and who turns off the overdrive or uses lower gears to control vehicle speed on long downgrades.

3. Buy a torque wrench and check/adjust the wheel nut torque every time the wheels are removed for any reason. Many shops overtorque the nuts or torque them unevenly and this can lead to warped rotors.

Very well put. Please torque your wheels down to 80 foot pounds.

JPI

check for binding brake calipers.. this can cause your rotors to overheat and warp.

It is quite common problem to... have the calipers checked and lubricated with a silicone grease. Also check the seals are intact too.

I don't think EBC Greenstuff are worth it anymore. It's designed and tested on and for the track with crossdrilled and slotted rotors. It shouldn't be used on street cars. I'd swap to the Supra Brake kits, and increase your chances braking.

BTW: why are you on your brakes so much?? <_<