Need Some Information On Power Steering Pump And Center Console

Mr Papa Giorgio

Hello, need some info on my power steering pump, I replaced and plugged acv and now im at installing the high pressure line. I do know that it requires a copper crush sleeve or washer....my question is do I need the copper washer on both sides of the banjo fitting meaning "bolt then copper then banjo then copper then ps pump"? and can I use a dorman copper flat gasket washer for this? they are flat copper washers used for high pressure lines. lexls.com says to use a copper crush sleeve but I can't find one and other donors didn't have then when I removed the bolt( I went to the junkyard and took off the high pressure bolt to see what this washer looked like). and my other question is getting the center console out....its different from the gen 1 ls400 so I think I need to remove the cover from under the steering wheel and also the plastic piece inside the glove box to get the center console off. Thanks for your help guys.

-GIO

I'll be changing my high pressure line soon too (on my 2000 ls400). I'm interested to see how yours goes. Are you using salvaged/new Lexus parts or did you go aftermarket?

I went searching for a good donor car at the salvage yard. the one I found was very clean. The power steering pump was cheap too, I also got seats, alternator, bumper, fenders, rack and pinion and fuel pump...all in excellent condition. new paint job is next then new wheels. It might be hard to find a 2000 at any salvage yard but good luck man. I recommend using lexus parts and not aftermarket.

The Lexus hose is around $350 with no warrantee. The Plews-Edelmann from AutoZone is $125 with a lifetime warrantee. I usually won't go aftermarket but for a piece as relatively easy to change as this hose I think I may go with AZ. That way if it does fail, even every few years, I'll have free replacements. If there is a pitfall I'm missing, I'm always open for advice.....