Looking Into Buying A 1993 Sc400

Very interested in buying a 1993 SC400. The car has 117,000 miles. Timing Belt was replaced at 90,000 and there are no dents, dings or rust. They're asking $5,000. Any ideas on what I should check out when I go see the car would be very helpful for me. If anyone could give me any knowledge about buying a car like this that would be greatly appreciated also. I'm also wondering if this car would be maintenance crazy? From the research I've done it's a very reliable car. But it's also a 20 year old car so... Any tips will be great anything about the car I should know. Questions I should ask?

Here is the ad for the car: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4083476328.html

You might be interested in the specs: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1993/1993SCspecs.pdf It looks like it has most or all options that were available.

It's like buying any car - make sure everything works. 1993 was the first year that the A/C used R134a refrigerant which is plus - make sure it works! Replacing the compressor, dryer, etc. can run $1500+.

Pay attention to the condition of suspension components - particularly the front end.

I see it has an aftermarket radio - would be good to check that ALL speakers work with it including the subwoofer.

It looks particularly clean and the low miles are great - must have been somebody's baby.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes you can buy something so unique, so timeless, that you can appreciate the qualities even twenty or thirty years later. The Lexus SC400 is one of those rare, outstanding machines. Let’s start with the door hinge.