Outrageous 60000 Mile Service Cost

I just got charged $1100 by a Lexus dealer for a 60,000 mile service. Absolutely no issues noted. Does anyone think I got ripped off?

I compare to another Lexus dealer and they quoted 534+ tax.

This dealer also stated that my dealer should not have flushed and changed the transmission fluid which time, parts, and labor was close to $200 for that action.

Wow.....I am feeling ripped off in Iowa!

PK

To make you feel even "better", the indie shop I use, which specializes in Lexus and is owned and staffed by former Lexus dealer employees, charges $360 not including tax for the 60,000 mile service. Transmission "flush" has become a popular money maker and is not recommended by the manufacturer.

Yes I did ask for a quote before. Leaving state for 2 months in a couple days so they kind of had me in a bind! My bad. Next big service will be done by someone who believes in a " fair and honest" service. This dealer is obviously thinking down the road when you trade....can get a car with a nice long service record so they can certify it and get max price. I hope other people call them out on this transmission oil change...I am!

Personally I would contact the dealer, and talk to the service manager, and general manager and ask if that is the kind of customer satisfaction you can expect.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After your Lexus is no longer under warranty, don't go back to the dealer unless it's a major issue.

Recently, my wife was told by the dealer that her rear calipers on the '08 RX 350 were frozen.They needed to be replaced.It was also recommended that the brake fluid and front and rear differential fluids be changed. The dealer listed EACH caliper at $567.74, brake fluid change at $171.95 and F&R differential fluid change at $220.90. Total with tax-$1578.07 HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took it to the shop that works on my '97 F-250 diesel. They did the same job using re-manufactured calipers not the gold plated? new lexus ones for $588.53. I've finally convinced my wife that she's been getting "ripped-off" for the past 6 yrs. at the dealer.

Oh my you know those free loaners and free donuts and coffee cost a lot....Skip them and you save a lot of money....

Don't forget the "Lexus" bottled water...

It's amazing to me how much people will spend on things just because they can. I guess it comes down to whatever works for you.