Hello From Washington

justagirl

Hi,

I am not really sure on how to do this so please accept my apologies if I am posting, replying or am doing anything wrong.

I just purchased my Dad's RX300 1999. While I know he kept it in great condition, there are some questions I have as he is not mechanically inclined AT ALL :)

Where on this site would I go to post question?

For example: Can I reprogram the key that came with the car? Do I even need to worry about it?

Thank you in advance. I just replaced the Antenna Mast this weekend! I am going "Solo" for the first time in my life and am trying to self-reliant and independent. So accomplishing the Antenna Mast was a HUGE step for me :D

Welcome Anita!

I'm not very mechanical either. :blink: I buy them new and trade them before the warantee runs out. Teeheehee......

Congrats on the new ride. You will have to post a pic.

Hi Becky,

Yea, I was married to a Mechanic before "Striking out on my own" so all this car stuff is new to me :geek: But I am pulling up my Big Girl panties and determined to find out how to do things by myself! I think I mentioned that I had replaced the Antenna Mast this Weekend by myself (well I had a friend turn on/off the Radio) and was so proud of myself!!! I drove around and literally stop total Strangers to show it off! LOL :P I appreciate the "Welcome" and will post a pic as soon as I figure out how to upload pictures!!

Hi Anita and welcome to the LOC. When you click on the "Forum's" tab, you will see a forum for RX models about 2/3rds down the page. Simply pick the section that matches your model and post your questions or answers.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Paul

Welcome, good choice of car for long-term reliability.

Thank you everyone...The RX300 might not have been my first choice in Lexus Models but like I mentioned I purchased from my Dad so knew it's history somewhat as it did have one previous owner before he purchased it in 2010? I just do not have the funds for a big repairs and from the sounds of it small ones either! So, this will be a good place to start learning DYI's :)

:) It's nice to have such a warm welcome!

Hi,

I am not really sure on how to do this so please accept my apologies if I am posting, replying or am doing anything wrong.

I just purchased my Dad's RX300 1999. While I know he kept it in great condition, there are some questions I have as he is not mechanically inclined AT ALL :)

Where on this site would I go to post question?

For example: Can I reprogram the key that came with the car? Do I even need to worry about it?

Thank you in advance. I just replaced the Antenna Mast this weekend! I am going "Solo" for the first time in my life and am trying to self-reliant and independent. So accomplishing the Antenna Mast was a HUGE step for me :D

I just saw that I/we forgot to answer your question regarding reprograming your RX key.

The first question is why do you want to reprogram the key? Has it some how lost it's factory programing and it doesn't work, or do you just want to have a second key made?

In both situations, a new or original key would need to be programed by your dealer. Your local Home Depot or hardware store can not program a Lexus key. That makes it kind of a pain if you don't live close to a Lexus dealer. Also the worst part in your situation is that it is not cheap to have the key programed. Last time I read on this site about someone getting a new key it was over $100.

My advice would be to call your Lexus dealer, explain the problem and get a quote on the cost.

Let us know how things turn out!

Paul