Rx - A Woman's Vehicle?

natey2

I waited awhile to jump into this BUT, I certainly consider the RX and all that type of vehicle to be primarily, women's cars. My wife wanted one of these things so badly, but I held her off for years. Finally gave in and got a new RAV4 Limited last year. She loves it and is annoyed that I don't really care to drive it much. Oh for sure a great car, just not what I like. Women like cars that are up high, that way they can dent the doors on cars in parking lots easier.

Funny you say that, my wife thinks the RX is up higher, but everytime I drive it I note how low it is compared to other cars. I took the luggage rack off and it appears lower by looks....No longer a soccer mom car, but the RX400h is a real hot rod. Lots of power when you want it.

There is no doubt about the power however, while the crossover SUV's are powerful, something about the image. Perhaps the most annoying thing is when women (I assume) put the antlers and noses on the RX's Real mommy cars with smeared windows, dirty front rims, and a bunch of meanless stickers with people stick figures.

Mini vans are the ultimate (I'll leave it at that).....

Yes, rear doors of SUV's can inflict nasty dings on regular cars.

RX is tall at about 66 inches tall (not including roof rack), but much lower than truck-based BOF SUV's.

For SUV's that are few inches lower than RX (most are smaller compacts), offerings include X1, GLA, Mecan, Q3, Q5 and Venza.