2006 Ls 430 Subwoofer

alexsteininger

I purchased this about 4 months ago and I never really paid attention to it before, but I have noticed that even with the base at the maximum, I hear little to no bass sounds coming from my Mark Levinson sound system.

I am thinking, if my company car has super bass (2008 Mercury Sable Premier) and sounds fantastic, shouldn't my great Lexus have super bass also.

I am wondering, if there is a way to turn off the subwoofer (did the previous owner not like bass) or perhaps it became disconnected. What are the odds that it just stopped working altogether and is shot? I guess if I would at least hear a buzz when music played I would assume the speaker is cracked and needs glued or something, but I have no bass, when "Low Rider" plays on my CD and that "es no bueno" !!

I don't think the sub woofer can be turned off as an option, things to check are the speaker itself and I would imagine there will be a seperate sub amplifier located somewhere, possibly n the trunk.