Nav System Does Not Give Turrn By Turn Guidance

i have a 2006 GS350. it is my seecond one, the first car would give me turn by turn direction in destination mode. this one is not doing that. is this something the dealer can reset.

Well that is sure strange. I know that you should be able to get the turn by turn directions. So just to make sure that I understand you correctly the NAV system isn't telling you when to make the turns or it isn't showing you on the screen? If it is not showing you there are options that can put the turn list as well as the map on the screen. As far as the audio...the only other idea I would have is you NAV Volume turned up? I am sure that you have checked already but the NAV Volume can be turned up and down...wonder if it is possible it is turned all the way down or off? Is the route guidance turned on? I think that is what it is called?

• 8 months later...

Yep, this happened to my slightly used 2011 GS350. The ML amp shorted out due to partial flooding of that area of the trunk. Of course, this information was omitted to me from the ebay store I bought the car from.

Same conditions you described and some, as these units are heavily integrated into the car. My cruse control also went out because of this. The NAV would recognize my inputs and even draw a line to the destination, but the NAV voice was completely absent. My regular radio would come through just fine along with Bluetooth.

This was a very strange problem that even stumped the Lexus dealership until he discovered some rust around the amp's brackets. They even said that water intrusion is a common problem on their ML equipped cars and covered replacement of the amp under warranty. I hope this helps...

Perhaps if you know someone else with a similar setup in their GS, you could swap amps to see if this fixes things.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, this happened to my slightly used 2011 GS350. The ML amp shorted out due to partial flooding of that area of the trunk. Of course, this information was omitted to me from the ebay store I bought the car from.

Same conditions you described and some, as these units are heavily integrated into the car. My cruse control also went out because of this. The NAV would recognize my inputs and even draw a line to the destination, but the NAV voice was completely absent. My regular radio would come through just fine along with Bluetooth.

This was a very strange problem that even stumped the Lexus dealership until he discovered some rust around the amp's brackets. They even said that water intrusion is a common problem on their ML equipped cars and covered replacement of the amp under warranty. I hope this helps...

Perhaps if you know someone else with a similar setup in their GS, you could swap amps to see if this fixes things.

That doesn't sound right. are you sure the speaker level for the NAV isn't so low that you can't hear it. Go into your nav setting and look for sound on/off and up or down arrows.