2009 Lexus RX350 Navigation Screen Specs

I have a 2009 Lexus RX350, I have installed a GROM VLINE2 entertainment center which added Apple CarPlay support and much more.  The system works amazingly well.  The only thing I don’t like is the factory navigation screen itself.  The touch screen works ok when tapping the screen but swiping the screen is hit and miss.  Can anyone tell me if the screen itself is plastic and If so can you buy a replacement display with a glass LCD and a better capacitive digitizer to make it function more like an iPad would?

• Like 1

Not sure about a replacement screen but sometimes you can tell whether it is just a non-sensitive screen or whether your fingers are lacking in the oils that make the screen contact.....worth rubbing your finger across your forehead as this sometimes gives that little bit extra sensitivity to the screen

• 1 year later...

Hey Joe, I have the 2009 rx 350 as well.  Some time has gone by can you update me on how the grom is doing? Do you run it off your phone or have a separate account for data?  All info appreciated.  Thanks,

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I also am looking into a capacitive touchscreen over the resistive one. Have you found anything? I found a sketch website that says their’s is capacitive but I keep getting the fake Tesla screens advertised to me otherwise…don’t want to remove my buttons, I just want a better touchscreen

Edited by Looxygen