Changing Batteries On Remote For Is250

I have no idea but do you have a "Batteries Plus" or similar store nearby? I let them replace batteries in keys and remote fobs. They have the specialized tools (e.g. screwdrivers with tiny blades) needed and don't charge extra for the work. I think the last battery replacement I had Batteries Plus do on an old style Lexus key a few months ago cost around $5.

I have no idea but do you have a "Batteries Plus" or similar store nearby? I let them replace batteries in keys and remote fobs. They have the specialized tools (e.g. screwdrivers with tiny blades) needed and don't charge extra for the work. I think the last battery replacement I had Batteries Plus do on an old style Lexus key a few months ago cost around $5.

Yes there is. I've just called them- they have done some Lexus fob battery changes- don't know if they have done mine until they see it.

thanks for the tip.

I'm guessing Lexus would charge $65 to change 2 $3 batteries.

Will I need to have the car reprogrammed to match it to the fob after the battery is changed (or vice-versa)?

I need to change the batteries on the remote for my 2009 IS250.

Can this be done by the owner- without damage to the remote?

Are the batteries easily available?

Would someone describe how to get the remote opened without breaking it?

thanks

All Lexus Owners Manuals show how to insert a small straight blade screwdriver between the two halves of the remote case and pop them apart. As has been already said, the batteries are readily available. The two halves should just press together. If you bring in your own batteries, your dealer would probably put them in for free. Customer good will.