Hs250 H Gone Already?

pj8708

Read On, Possible Lexus will pull the plug on this model so soon???

Also, if they replace it with a model that starts at $30,000, will lexus continue it's marleting as a luxury brand or are they now getting into ma two tier offering?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/14/slow-selling-lexus-hs-250h-already-getting-the-axe/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl18%7Csec3_lnk1%7C112402

I feel bad for Lexus, this poor economy is killing new car sales.

And it doesn't help that the HS is so "awkward". Even the standard Lexus models (ES, RX, IS...) aren't selling well.

I really dont think the HS is nessecary in the market today. For what it is, I think people would rather just option out a prius. As for me, I would rather have an HS any day. I never thought the car was ugly or awkward, and I have always thought the Pruis was (until the last redesign).

But what do you think about the possible replacement for the HS spot at around $30k and with the CT in the same range. Will Lexus end up having a two tier marketing strategy like Hyundai? Quasi economy luxury and regular luxury? I think that would be a huge mistake and would tarnish the Lexus mystique. Quality may be the same and reliability the same, but the elegance of owning a true Lexus is kind of clouded when it cost $29,950, and looks like a redesigned Prius.

But what do you think about the possible replacement for the HS spot at around $30k and with the CT in the same range. Will Lexus end up having a two tier marketing strategy like Hyundai? Quasi economy luxury and regular luxury? I think that would be a huge mistake and would tarnish the Lexus mystique. Quality may be the same and reliability the same, but the elegance of owning a true Lexus is kind of clouded when it cost $29,950, and looks like a redesigned Prius.

I kind of agree to a point. I guess a person with a LS could feel the same about a ES though? I used to hear the same thing on the Mercedes forum about the C230 it is called a baby Benz or the entry level Mercedes. Which I guess it is...And some owners of S classes feel that the c class cheapens the image of Mercedes too.

I don't personally like the HS or the CT. I am not a fan of small cars at all and I will not drive one as a loaner. Not trying to be a jerk but I don't like driving a small car and I always request something else.

What those people don't understand though is that if Mercedes did not have the C class...they wouldn't be around to sell the S class. Same is true of the ES, the ES and the RX make up most Lexus sales...without them, they couldn't operate and build cars like the LS...

Agreed, selling vehicles like the C-class, RX and ES are lucrative high volume sellers and are too important not to be taken seriously by Mercedes and Lexus. They are not fancy Smart cars or Corollas.

I have to agree that producing the CT brings Lexus "down a notch" in terms of how Lexus is perceived as a luxury brand. I suppose Lexus is only doing this because they need to make sales. They know people consider Lexus to be prestigious, and once they find out they can afford one, they're gonna buy one.

The concept does seem "odd", that one car brand produces a car as low as $30,000 and as high as $110,000 (with the LS hybrid)- but it's just a company trying to make money.

I just hope the CT and such models don't bring down the Lexus image. Once everyone can afford a Lexus, owning one won't seem as nice. Pretty soon dishing out $100k for an LS will be almost as painful as buying a Hyundai Genesis!

I have to agree that producing the CT brings Lexus "down a notch" in terms of how Lexus is perceived as a luxury brand. I suppose Lexus is only doing this because they need to make sales. They know people consider Lexus to be prestigious, and once they find out they can afford one, they're gonna buy one.

The concept does seem "odd", that one car brand produces a car as low as $30,000 and as high as $110,000 (with the LS hybrid)- but it's just a company trying to make money.

I just hope the CT and such models don't bring down the Lexus image. Once everyone can afford a Lexus, owning one won't seem as nice. Pretty soon dishing out $100k for an LS will be almost as painful as buying a Hyundai Genesis!

Funny jab about the Genesis, LOL. I have the same sick sense of humor! When I try to visualize myself in a Hyundai I'm just not able to make that leap yet. I know I should but maybe with proper training. lol