94 Ls Front Lower Ball Join

lexusonthelake

On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the most difficult, for an amateur DIY, how difficult would you say it is to replace a front drivers side lower ball joint?

I'd rate it a 3. For an amature, without the proper tools, very hard.

Remove wheel.

Remove caliper.

Disconnect ABS speed sensor and wire harness

Dissconnect Tie Rod End from lower ball joint - use SST

Disconnect Lower Ball Joint from Lower suspension arm - use SST

Remove Lower Ball Joint from steering knuckle

Reverse for install

I have most tools but haven't done a ball joint before.  In a nutshell, what's involved?  Thanks UCF3 for the response.

You'll need a couple of Jacks to hold the rear differential up. It's a pain to do if you don't have a lift, but if you have access. Don't forget you'll need a compressor and all the tools with it, otherwise it will be a weekend job.

whats with the jack for the diff.? isnt it just the front. all you need is a ball joint puller and normal tools. the ball joint is a separted piece thats bolted on to the arm with 2 bolts so go and buy a good ball joint puller or rent one. if you want to see one go to workshop tutorials and go to the second page of "rear trailing arm bushings replaced" the second picture is the puller. i forgot if i used that one or another you can see in "lower arm replacement" first picture i believe.