Rx400h Tire Options

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running the Kumho Road Venture in factory tire size for over 2 weeks now.

They seem to have a better grip on the road than the OEM Goodyear tires that it replaced.

Noise wise, it's very comparable to the OEM tires.

The OEM Goodyear tires lasted me only 25,000 miles (but that includes 2 winters which I had winter tires on).

General Grabber HTS 255/55/18". So far it's by far the best tire that I have researched...by far. It's listed at under $140...Look at my post on this tire. RXREY

• 3 weeks later...

Just found the forum, great info... I just put Goodyear Fortura TripleTreads on my 2006 RX400h. Drove 5 hrs through the rain and loved the the feel, quiet and handling. I have high expectations for snow performance next year, but all reviews Ive read are encouraging. I was surprised to not see them mentioned. They are a little pricey, but I'm looking for safety first in these tires. Has anyone else tried these tires?

• 3 years later...

We need new tires for our 07 Rx 400h. We are currently running Alenzas, and they seem to have done well, but not so hot when we got into snow last February.

The primary driver is quite deaf, which was a factor in choosing the vehicle.

Can anyone recommend a quieter, well-rated tire that would also do ok in snow?

We are at the point where we need to replace ASAP, before heading out on a road trip, so any input is most appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure whether previous post showed, as can not seem to track it down.

We have an 07 Rx 400h with Alenzas that need replacing ASAP - they've been satisfactory, and the car tracks so well that wear has been quite even, although we seem to have only gotten about 35k out of them.

The primary driver is very deaf, so we need tires that are QUIET but also provide great handling, and it would be nice to also improve MPG if possible. We're told the Michs are quieter, but what about handling, tire life, etc. The Alenzas has hydroplaned a couple times, and were so so on compact snow/ice last February, but we are looking more for all-around great handling, quiet tires.

Any good suggestions? About to head out on a road trip so need to put new ones on in the next day or two.

Thanks for any help.

Just talked to a tire guy and he recommends either the Mich Energy MXB4 as a great QUIET tire and also the Bridgestone Fuel Saving.

Comments anyone?

• 11 months later...

Using Continental ContiSportContact 5 235/55/18 with the original V rating if I am not mistaking.

Very happy with them. Could be bit quieter but the grip is gorgeous.

No matter how hard I hit the Accelerate pedal.

Will see how long they keep rolling. :D