New 08 Rx400h Owner - Advice Needed.

I recently acquired a pre-owned 2008 rx400h and found this forum to be quite active compare to the aussie club. I've only had the vehicle for a few days. I have a couple of queries which I hope someone could help me out.

1. Twice now I noticed a small pool of water directly underneath the engine after I took it out for a drive and then parked in the shed. Using a torch, I traced the source of the water was dripping from a black rubber tube pointed downwards. It seems logical but I'm curious where the water is coming from. Could it be water generated from using the aircon?

2. DVD Video playback resume function. Doesn't seem to have Resume function when I play a DVD video disc, toggle to CD, and then back to DVD. the DVD video doesn't start where it left off.

Apart from that, the vehicle is a blast to drive.

Cheers All...

I recently acquired a preowned 2008 rx400h and found this forum to be quite active compare to the aussie club. I've only had the vehicle for a few days and i'm still learning all the inbuilt features. I have a couple of queries which I hope someone could help me out.

1. Twice now I notice a small pool of water directly underneath the engine after I took it out for a drive and then parked in the shed. Using a torch, I traced the water drippings coming from a black rubber tube which points downwards. It seems logical but I'm curious where the water is coming from. Could it be water generated from using the aircon?

2. DVD Video playback resume function. Doesn't seem to have Resume function when I play a DVD video disc, toggle to CD, and then back to DVD.

Apart from that, the vehicle is a blast to drive.

Cheers All...

1. Condensate from the A/C system.

Using a torch, I traced the source of the water was dripping from a black rubber tube pointed downwards.

Aus,

I hope you really didn't use a torch to check under your RX. Hopefully, in Australia, a torch is a flashlight! :D

Dave

Now that I've had my RX400h for couple of weeks, my experience are as follow:

1. On cold start, when the motor kicks in, it would run for about 1 min and then shuts down. During this period, the engine noise (or whatever hydraulic is running under the hood) seems a bit rough (loudness) and IMO does not reflect the price/quality of the vehicle. There is also the occasion shakes when the engine turns over (starts up).

2. It's noticeable when the motor kicks in compare to engine going off, and more noticeable during stop/start than rolling light acceleration.

3. excellent NVH. Superb Mark Levinson audio. Luv power lift door and reverse camera.

Using a torch, I traced the source of the water was dripping from a black rubber tube pointed downwards.

Aus,

I hope you really didn't use a torch to check under your RX. Hopefully, in Australia, a torch is a flashlight! :D

Dave

Just be careful you don't refer to it as a "fleshlight."

Tom

Now that I've had my RX400h for couple of weeks, my experience are as follow:

1. On cold start, when the motor kicks in, it would run for about 1 min and then shuts down. During this period, the engine noise (or whatever hydraulic is running under the hood) seems a bit rough (loudness) and IMO does not reflect the price/quality of the vehicle. There is also the occasion shakes when the engine turns over (starts up).

2. It's noticeable when the motor kicks in compare to engine going off, and more noticeable during stop/start than rolling light acceleration.

3. excellent NVH. Superb Mark Levinson audio. Luv power lift door and reverse camera.

1. Same here. If you listen carefully, you may find it's loud for the first little bit, then it noticeably quiets down, then it shuts off when it's done it's warmup.

2. I find the same thing.

3. I agree, but I think the Mark Levinson could have used a better subwoofer. According to my shop manual, the two speakers in the rear doors are woofers, but I find there's just not enough bass.

Thankfully, we only get one spec for the RX400h and it comes standard with all the bells & whistles. Mine comes with the lovely black maple wood trim and ivory color leather interior. Sweet ride indeed but lexus pricing here costs twice as much as it is over in the US of A! :P