Audio Question

need help with my car!

i have a 1998 gs400. the guy who had my car last disconnected the 8 inch factory sub and also disconnected it from his head unit.

got my own 8 inch sub i want to put in place of the factory sub. got it hooked up but im guessing he disconnected the wire from his old head unit and when he put on the one thats in now( pioneer mosfet 50x4) he didnt bother to hook up the wires to the factory sub cause there wasnt one. what color wire goes to what wire?!

I have these two diagrams in my file and labeled as for the 98 GS400 -- I suspect one is for the standard system and the other for the Nakamichi ... maybe you can tell which one matches your car.

dood your friggin awsome whenever i need help with something your like the first to reply and always give good info. even if your not positive you make an effort to help. and your one of the few people on here that isn't an a$$. i thank you for that! and thanks for the diagrams it was much help.

I have these two diagrams in my file and labeled as for the 98 GS400 -- I suspect one is for the standard system and the other for the Nakamichi ... maybe you can tell which one matches your car.

dood your friggin awsome whenever i need help with something your like the first to reply and always give good info. even if your not positive you make an effort to help. and your one of the few people on here that isn't an a$$. i thank you for that! and thanks for the diagrams it was much help.

( and your one of the few people on here that isn't an a$$ ) WTF is with that statement ? Consider yourself a lucky person <_<

and your one of the few people on here that isn't an a$.

I attribute your comment to the fact that you're only 16. Nevertheless, who's been giving you the gears for you to make an asinine statement like that? This forum is here to offer help from those who can to those that need it. With your attitude, you might find members less inclined to respond to your future posts! Time to grow up!

I attribute your comment to the fact that you're only 16. Nevertheless, who's been giving you the gears for you to make an asinine statement like that? This forum is here to offer help from those who can to those that need it. With your attitude, you might find members less inclined to respond to your future posts! Time to grow up!

Thank You Sir, eatingupblacktop, As always, Your understanding and timely response is greatly appreciated. :cheers: ;)

Thank You Sir, eatingupblacktop, As always, Your understanding and timely response is greatly appreciated.:cheers: ;)

i liked the m3 forums cause people weren't like this ^^^^ they understood/realized alot better. i posted this exact same thing on the e46fanatic forums like last year and all the comments i got were like " its what snobby rich people do when they're bored" im sorry if what i said offended anyone but if it isnt obviouse i was thanking the guy for saying what he said in a nice manner, alot of people on this forum slam down on eachother alot for not knowing something or for the way something was said.. do the searching and see for yourself cause im not gunna search and send you everylink. example, see my first post and see what was said to me and maybe that will answer your question to why my 'gears' were going according to you. And thats fine, if people like you think i have a bad attitude, then good. dont reply in the future. cause the people that do understand me will. what i said wasn't even directed to you, and your telling me to grow up?? you honestly need some alone time. just to think, kinda like a time out. cause age is just a number. im pretty sure i wouldn't even be on this forum if i havent grown up. id be having my broke mom fix these problems on my car and just leave everything up to her.

Thank You Sir, eatingupblacktop, As always, Your understanding and timely response is greatly appreciated.:cheers: ;)

i liked the m3 forums cause people weren't like this ^^^^ they understood/realized alot better. i posted this exact same thing on the e46fanatic forums like last year and all the comments i got were like " its what snobby rich people do when they're bored" im sorry if what i said offended anyone but if it isnt obviouse i was thanking the guy for saying what he said in a nice manner, alot of people on this forum slam down on eachother alot for not knowing something or for the way something was said.. do the searching and see for yourself cause im not gunna search and send you everylink. example, see my first post and see what was said to me and maybe that will answer your question to why my 'gears' were going according to you. And thats fine, if people like you think i have a bad attitude, then good. dont reply in the future. cause the people that do understand me will. what i said wasn't even directed to you, and your telling me to grow up?? you honestly need some alone time. just to think, kinda like a time out. cause age is just a number. im pretty sure i wouldn't even be on this forum if i havent grown up. id be having my broke mom fix these problems on my car and just leave everything up to her.

Age is just a number.....as you age you will realize it is much more.

Regards.

Regards.

;) :cheers:

Regards.

;) :cheers:

ohh i see you found the one thing you dont agree with in my paragraph, congrats.

and ok. ill realize it now for ya. anyone older then me has better social skills and a better undertsanding of life.

ill start taking your advice buy telling my mom not to listen to her boss cause she's older then him :chairshot:

and ill tell everyone i know not to say anything back to someone who's older if they dont agree cause they're always right

ill spread that across the world for you my friends..

:P :cheers:

Bro,

Calm down. No one here has a problem with you. Just ask straightforward questions and avoid all the other drama and you will get results.

I am not all that much older than you but still, this is my first lexus and everyone here has been great even when the only response to a question is "this has been covered, search the forum"....that is not a response to get angry about, it just happens to be that simple.

So please man lets just start this over and Im sure you will find that people on here can be of service to you, not based on age, but on experiences & knowledge.

Or we can all just get real angry at our computers. Either way best of luck.

Regards,

Chris

Ok, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Now that I know you've got some difficulties, I can see you'll be growing up maybe sooner than most. Listen, my suggestion was meant to help you with this forum, but let me tell you, controlling what now seems more like a knee jerk reaction on your part will get you further in life than making comments in an anger/peeved frame of mind. If you calm down and wait an hour or two to respond to something that has p1ssed you off, you'll likely find a better/more mature response that will get you results.

I'm sure your doing your best for Mom and she appreciates it. :cheers: It's a lot to take on big responsibilities at 16. There's aways a gratifying feeling when you help out your parents. Keep it up!

Back to the forum, believe me, not everyone here is an !Removed! - just a few! (ignore them) :P Waddya say we start over again ... there are a lot of advantages in being a member of the LOC!

Ok, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Now that I know you've got some difficulties, I can see you'll be growing up maybe sooner than most. Listen, my suggestion was meant to help you with this forum, but let me tell you, controlling what now seems more like a knee jerk reaction on your part will get you further in life than making comments in an anger/peeved frame of mind. If you calm down and wait an hour or two to respond to something that has p1ssed you off, you'll likely find a better/more mature response that will get you results.

I'm sure your doing your best for Mom and she appreciates it.:cheers: It's a lot to take on big responsibilities at 16. There's aways a gratifying feeling when you help out your parents. Keep it up!

Back to the forum, believe me, not everyone here is an !Removed! - just a few! (ignore them) :P Waddya say we start over again ... there are a lot of advantages in being a member of the LOC!

Exactly B)

No insult to anyone, but reading this just helped me pass some time here at work so thanks for the moments fellas!! lol one big happy family again. Now its back to work <_<

Bro,

Calm down. No one here has a problem with you. Just ask straightforward questions and avoid all the other drama and you will get results.

I am not all that much older than you but still, this is my first lexus and everyone here has been great even when the only response to a question is "this has been covered, search the forum"....that is not a response to get angry about, it just happens to be that simple.

So please man lets just start this over and Im sure you will find that people on here can be of service to you, not based on age, but on experiences & knowledge.

Regards,

Chris

im not mad... nor was i.... if you read it closley i was told to grow up and i was taking defence for myself. i wasnt mad i was explaining a point.. that come out of knowhere and i never said anyone on here has a problem with me.?.?.. and ya i know people on here are helpfull. thats why i made a post. and starting over is exatcly what i want to happen. i wanted this to stop along time ago but i got slammed on for being 16 and then everyone starts trying to play my dad. im doing just fine without one. i dont need someone to take that role i know my right from wrongs.. i may be one of the youngest on this forum but that doesnt mean i can't be right. i said sorry and i said i was sorry if i offended anyone. and i explained my reason for saying what i said but my reason and a apology wasn't good enough obviously. thats why i was lectured even more, and had people accuse me of being mad. but its w/e i know i didnt do anything that bad. i made a mistake and i apologized. even tho what was said wasn't directed twards anyone and was said to show someone that i appreciated what they did for me. again, sorry everyone for the inconvenice everyone. and you wont have to worry bout me saying anything stupid anymore cause i just found out i got a transmission problem, with the tss or something. and i have no clue whats going on but my uncle said the trasmission fluid is brown and needs to be flushed and he's worried it might not start after that. so in the end if i need a new trasmission and me not being able to find a job, who knows the next time i'll be back on here. peace.

Bro,

Regards,

Chris

im not mad... nor was i.... if you read it closley i was told to grow up and i was taking defence for myself. i wasnt mad i was explaining a point.. that come out of knowhere and i never said anyone on here has a problem with me.?.?.. and ya i know people on here are helpfull. thats why i made a post. and starting over is exatcly what i want to happen. i wanted this to stop along time ago but i got slammed on for being 16 and then everyone starts trying to play my dad. im doing just fine without one. i dont need someone to take that role i know my right from wrongs.. i may be one of the youngest on this forum but that doesnt mean i can't be right. i said sorry and i said i was sorry if i offended anyone. and i explained my reason for saying what i said but my reason and a apology wasn't good enough obviously. thats why i was lectured even more, and had people accuse me of being mad. but its w/e i know i didnt do anything that bad. i made a mistake and i apologized. even tho what was said wasn't directed twards anyone and was said to show someone that i appreciated what they did for me. again, sorry everyone for the inconvenice everyone. and you wont have to worry bout me saying anything stupid anymore cause i just found out i got a transmission problem, with the tss or something. and i have no clue whats going on but my uncle said the trasmission fluid is brown and needs to be flushed and he's worried it might not start after that. so in the end if i need a new trasmission and me not being able to find a job, who knows the next time i'll be back on here. peace.

If it makes any difference to you, I understood what you said when you first complemented 1990LS400. What I took from your statement (if this will help clarify for anyone else) is that you were grateful for the helpful and willing personality of Sir 1990LS400. Its apparent he's helped you on a number of issues and you were just praising him on what he is, and what he's not. You weren't pointing fingers at anyone but of course, just like in any other media, people might take things out of context or just have their own opinion on what you meant (and I didn't mean to offend anyone by this statement because as far as I know, everyone on this forum are all "aces in my book" ;) ). But since everyone is ready to bury this, you shouldn't feel any way towards anyone else.

As far as your tranny fluid, that doesn't sound good. I too have to flush mine out tomorrow as well as get an oil change AND get new bushings. "It ain't tricking if you got it"