First Time For Everything....

jcrome04

You poor thing! Yeah the sleepiness is tough. You were so looking forward to your trip too! I've pressed on many times myself for that last hour past when I know I should stop. It doesn't help that my wife is narcoleptic in a car too...10 minutes on the highway and she is dead asleep in the passenger seat. So usually no way to switch out drivers.

Is that "Taps" I hear playing in your back yard JC? Dang man, Blake and I were just getting ready to tell you about torn differential mount bushings and all the fun that goes with them! And you have to go all Dukes of Hazzard on us! Party pooper...... :lol: J/K

Glad you're ok amigo! Lots of cars out there to be had, but not a lot of JCromes.... You'd probably like the GS series, especially with the V8. It's still a soft ride, like the LS, but a little tighter. It's certainly no Mazda 3 though with it comes to that "edge of a needle" handling feeling. I've never owned a car that handled like or was as much fun to drive as our former 07' 3GT. You can get them pretty darn cheap too, with lots of cool little toys. I'm on the fence with Nissan's stuff. I've had two of their cars, liked them both until around 40k miles, when they seemed to transmit more and more road noise into the cabin. But, they are certianly fun cars to drive! Have you thought about the Q45? Those seem to be sleepers in the segment. I'm not up to speed on their engine problems though, and don't know what to look for, which is why I've never bought one.

I just returned from a 1,300 mile road trip from Chicago to about 45 miles outside of Tulsa in the 4runner. Striaght down Illinois to St. Louis, and straight across Missouri to Oklahoma. I had a couple seconds there were the eyes were getting a bit blurry, but that's probably from the 60th play of "Old McDonald had a farm" on the cd for my son's entertainment purposes. I kid you not, we hit the east side of St. Louis yesterday coming back, and I was ready to foreclose on that *BLEEP*'s farm and eat a bacon-cheese-burger! And we only had 300 miles to go to Chicago....all flat...all corn fields...all hell!

Is that "Taps" I hear playing in your back yard JC? Dang man, Blake and I were just getting ready to tell you about torn differential mount bushings and all the fun that goes with them! And you have to go all Dukes of Hazzard on us! Party pooper...... :lol: J/K

Glad you're ok amigo! Lots of cars out there to be had, but not a lot of JCromes.... You'd probably like the GS series, especially with the V8. It's still a soft ride, like the LS, but a little tighter. It's certainly no Mazda 3 though with it comes to that "edge of a needle" handling feeling. I've never owned a car that handled like or was as much fun to drive as our former 07' 3GT. You can get them pretty darn cheap too, with lots of cool little toys. I'm on the fence with Nissan's stuff. I've had two of their cars, liked them both until around 40k miles, when they seemed to transmit more and more road noise into the cabin. But, they are certianly fun cars to drive! Have you thought about the Q45? Those seem to be sleepers in the segment. I'm not up to speed on their engine problems though, and don't know what to look for, which is why I've never bought one.

I just returned from a 1,300 mile road trip from Chicago to about 45 miles outside of Tulsa in the 4runner. Striaght down Illinois to St. Louis, and straight across Missouri to Oklahoma. I had a couple seconds there were the eyes were getting a bit blurry, but that's probably from the 60th play of "Old McDonald had a farm" on the cd for my son's entertainment purposes. I kid you not, we hit the east side of St. Louis yesterday coming back, and I was ready to foreclose on that *BLEEP*'s farm and eat a bacon-cheese-burger! And we only had 300 miles to go to Chicago....all flat...all corn fields...all hell!

forclosing on the MacD's farm! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

LOL thats hillarious!

So I test drove a new Mazda3. Big mistake lol. Thank God I brought a full figured male buddy of mine. LOL

He sat behine me. there was NO room. the 2010 seemed a lot smaller than the last gen... in cargo space + legroom. Oh yeah... and I went up a pretty steep hill... and remembered whyt I hate 4 cyls!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

So I think I've decided on a 2006 Maxima SL. 5 speed sport shift. 3.5L v6 265hp 255ft lbs. auto tilting wheel like my LS. Memory seats. HEATED STEERING WHEEL AND POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!!!!!! lol B) Only 34k miles on her.

Well, I completed the first portion of my cross country trip from eastern PA to Palm Desert California. That was about 2800 miles one way and I've got to do the return trip in the next few days. The car was superb on the road with absolutely no problems. After all that distance, I had no body fatigue whatsover. This car is built for the long road trip.

I spent the bulk of my time in the midwest and on the east coast, so this is my first time traveling extensively in the western US. This area of the country is stunningly beautiful. I drove through the Mojave today to get to Palm Desert and stopped in AZ to see the Grand Canyon and the meteor crater. We have mountains and beauty in the east and in PA, but the things I saw out here are really wonderful. I'd really like to do that Pacific Coast highway drive, but time does not permit it on this trip.

I was at Lexus of Rockville today while they took 3 dings out of my hood, roof and trunk...(long story). They had a SPOTLESS 2000 LS400, white with tan interior for $14k...room to deal I'm sure...It was in really good shape...