Goodbye Ls400.

jcrome04

So if not eveyone has been following the "totaling" of my 97 LS400. Here are a couple of links...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry385152

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=59918

Well I've found a new car. Sorry to say it's not a Lexus! Well.... not sorry at all actually :) This has got to be the nicest car I've ever owned!

2006 Nissan Maxima SL. 5 speed sport-shift. 3.5L v6. 265hp 255ft lbs. The only option this thing does not have is the "Elite package" which puts two bucket seats in the back, and HVAC controls in a center console.

Heated seats (the LS did NOT have), heated steering wheel, power folding side mirrors. bluetooth. HIDs. etc...

Not to mention it is a BLAST to drive. The power in this thing is incredible. Not to mention I'll get even better fuel economy ;) haha

Of course the ride isn't as suple, but I'm not expecting it to be in a sports sedan. yet it is still very comfortable, and whisper quiet when driving.

Let me know what you think!

Hooking up..

0910091016.jpg

Goodbye!

0910091020.jpg

On the lot, bright and early!!

0912090952.jpg

Gorgeous ;)

0914091201_0001.jpg

After 3 hours of washing/polishing/sealing

0914091412.jpg

0915091211.jpg

INTERIOR

0917091259b.jpg

0917091259a.jpg

0917091259.jpg

0917091258.jpg

Congrats on the new ride JC! I really can't say anything bad about Nissan, as I've enjoyed two of their cars in the past (92' Sentra SE-R & 01' Maxima SE loaded). The SE-R will always be one of my all-time favorite cars. In my opinion, Nissan makes one of the greatest v6 engines on the planet. My folks have a 04' Quest minivan and love it. Some minor things here and there, related to Nissan's financial troubles starting in 02' through 05' (cheaped out on some parts). But, nothing major.

I remember when I decided to replace my Maxima with my former LS400. The Maxima was on a lease, and the value had fallen through the floor (they came out with the 3.5 engine in 02', right after I got my 01'). The residual purchase price was too high for my tastes, they wouldn't negotiate, so I turned it in and got the LS. I remember sitting in the driveway looking at both cars, wondering if I was making a mistake by getting rid of the Maxima. I loved it. It was a hoot to drive, and would scream like a bat out of hell (with 220 hp, can't imagine 265). The only thing I would caution you over with yours, is go find an empty parking lot and learn it's limits. Don't push it until you do. Nissan's handle great, but you get no warning when you're about to go over the line, and no real chance of recovery when you do. They're front wheel drive with heavy tails, when they go, you're along for the ride. I almost learned that the hard way in mine (got very lucky nobody was around). And watchout for the torque steer, goose it too hard while turning, and it can be so severe that it takes both hands to keep the car going in the direction you want it to go. That's front wheel drive with over 200hp for ya', but Nissan's are known to suffer from it pretty badly.

They don't ride like a Toyota, but nothing really does. Toyotas have a very unique ride, as does Nissan. It's all in the personal prefference. I made the mistake of replacing my oem tires when they wore out for cheapo Khumos about 7,000 before turning it back in. If you like a quiet smooth ride, don't skim on the tires. Not nearly as much sound insulation in the Nissan brand as there is in the Toyota, so tires are more important.

Have fun with it man! It's a beauty! And stick around here, you've got a lot of knowledge now to pass along to the newbies! We won't revoke your front door key (they didn't revoke mine for the 2 years I was Lexusless) :lol:

We looked at several G35's a few years ago while on the hunt for the Mazda. Although I liked the looks, I wasn't very impressed with the drive, ride, or overall feel of the interior. Just something rubbed me wrong. We must have looked at 5 or 6 of them, very handsome looking cars! But, something was "off". I could never put my finger on it either. Looked at a couple awd models again this year when looking to replace the Mazda, and still felt the same way.

I personally HATE the styling of the G35 sedan. and do NOT want a coupe.

I also forgot to mention she only has 22k miles on her. 86 year old local man buys a new loaded Maxima every few years. Paid $35g cash for it in 06. I got it for $20g. lol. not much for resale value, but I figure I'm definitely not going to be trading it in for a while!!!

And NC, I definitely don't drive my car THAT hard. but I know what you mean about finding an empty lot and finding the limits. thankfully it also has VDC (stability control) so that if I do ever get out of line, it should put me in check lol. And yeah i've already figured out that this beast needs two hands on the wheel when you punch it :) lol. I know torque steer really pi$$es some people off, but it doesn't bother me too bad. (adds to the already ridiculous sense of speed)

I am loving this car! Hopefully it will be around for years :)

My best friend has an 01 Maxima GLE. and that thing definitely scoots with the 220hp 3.0L VQ!! And another friend has an 03 Maxima SE with the 255hp 3.5L VQ. His mom has an 06 Maxima 3.5 SE (not many options). lol. Just a big maxima family over here!!!

B) B) B) B)

Hey I still am part of the LS group! I'll definitely still stick around the LS forum.

I'm sure I'll still keep everyone posted on my Maxima, however my trademark heart threads might start popping up in the lounge though! lol.

I'll get some interior pics today, and edit them into my first post. It is GORGEOUS ;)

Congrats on the new ride. Nissan is a good car. Atleast you do your homework.

And, in my opinion, before you do anything else, I would either get those rims polished and clear coated, maybe chromed instead, or just get new rims.

Yes yes, someday I'll probably be back to a Lexus. :)

Trust me on this JC, you'll be back. Once an addict, always an addict. I thought I had broken free from the grip of the L-beast with the Mazda. I thought I was in the clear, and back to throwing the gears, pushing the corners, and jammin' the Skynyrd. But, well....look at me now. What had started as just one V8 Toyota product (LS400), has turned into two! And, when it came time to replace the Mazda, tried as I had....I couldn't ignore the obvious...the GS. And, what I really want now, is a 05' LS430, and a new style IS350....and to replace the 4runner with a GX470.

Once you've tasted the fruit....you'll keep coming back to the tree.

But, that doesn't mean you can't have some fun living in denial! :lol:

"We'll leave the light on for ya'".....

Yes yes, someday I'll probably be back to a Lexus. :)

Trust me on this JC, you'll be back. Once an addict, always an addict. I thought I had broken free from the grip of the L-beast with the Mazda. I thought I was in the clear, and back to throwing the gears, pushing the corners, and jammin' the Skynyrd. But, well....look at me now. What had started as just one V8 Toyota product (LS400), has turned into two! And, when it came time to replace the Mazda, tried as I had....I couldn't ignore the obvious...the GS. And, what I really want now, is a 05' LS430, and a new style IS350....and to replace the 4runner with a GX470.

Once you've tasted the fruit....you'll keep coming back to the tree.

But, that doesn't mean you can't have some fun living in denial! :lol:

"We'll leave the light on for ya'".....

Well put NC! I was gonna let em figure it out on thier own. LOL!!

I'm a former Maxima owner (1998 GLE) and you can't really go wrong with those cars. I gave my Max to my daughter and she's still driving it at 200+k miles on the clock. That car is an excellent value for the money and is a good compromise if one is looking for a car that's cheaper to maintain than the LS. I never did much to my Max other than basic maintenance. Check out the Maxima.org for euthusiats forum.

Congrats on your new ride jc! :cheers: Just remember to keep them eyes open wide on your next trip!

Yeah dude that is NEVER happening again!! Ugh yeah I have a new car... but it sure did make my life a PITA for a few weeks.

I'm a former Maxima owner (1998 GLE) and you can't really go wrong with those cars. I gave my Max to my daughter and she's still driving it at 200+k miles on the clock. That car is an excellent value for the money and is a good compromise if one is looking for a car that's cheaper to maintain than the LS. I never did much to my Max other than basic maintenance. Check out the Maxima.org for euthusiats forum.

Yeah my buddy has had his 01 for over 3 years and never done a thing to it other than basic maintenance.. He is not the lightest-footed fellow either ;) haha

• 3 weeks later...

No GS's.

Think I could have gotten an 06 GS3 with 22k for the same price? B) lol

This Maxima is incredible though. I am loving it. Some day I'll be back to Lexus, but right now.. I am 110% content.