V8.1 Dvd

iom

I got a reply from a guy on Craigslist who will sell me a v8.1 disk (copy) for a Gen 2/3 system for $25!!! Here's his email:

"$25 for the backup disc on DVD+R DL. i tested it on my 2004 gs430, i did not have chance to test on 2003 sc430 so i can not warranty it will work well. however, my friend had 2002 sc430 and it works after few eject and reinsert the disc."

When I asked if he took PayPal, he sent me this:

"I am only have backup of the disc on DVD+r dl for now. I sold all the oem disc. It cost only $25 mailed to you. My car is 2004 gs430. The disc tested on my car fine without any read error issues. I can not warranty 100% if it work on model yr 2003 until you Tri it out and find out yourselves.

Can your car read a DVD+R DL disc?"

Anyone have any thoughts on this offer?

iomsc430@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Legal copies of 8.1 for gen 2/3 are available from highly rated eBay sellers and from on-line Lexus parts suppliers at substantial discounts.

Why bother with a pirate?

I got the disk and installed it with no problems. Seems to work perfectly.

iom :)

• 1 month later...
Legal copies of 8.1 for gen 2/3 are available from highly rated eBay sellers and from on-line Lexus parts suppliers at substantial discounts.

Why bother with a pirate?

I got the disk and installed it with no problems. Seems to work perfectly.

iom :)

I just upgraded to the Ver 9.1 dvd. If you want to buy the 8.1 dvd, drop me a line. It'll be $25.00 - just what I paid for it.

iomsc430@gmail.com. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...