Led Floor Lights

I had a 2008 IS250 before I bought my 2006 IS350. I noticed in my 250 that it had LED lights by the feet on the driver and passenger side. My 350 does not have this. When did they begin using these?

Did you buy it used? If so with the Lexus Personalized Settings they can be turned off. Maybe the previous owner didn't like seeing their feet at night. My 09 IS350's are blue.

Yes my dome lights come on when I open the door. I really missed having the LED lights at the feet, it added a nice subtle touch. What does the luxury package consist of? My current 2006 has the heated and cooled seats and nav. The only thing it doesn't have is the HID's.

Yes my dome lights come on when I open the door. I really missed having the LED lights at the feet, it added a nice subtle touch. What does the luxury package consist of? My current 2006 has the heated and cooled seats and nav. The only thing it doesn't have is the HID's.

The only options I have are 18 inch wheels. I have the foot lights. You should have them too.

Well now that I think of it I don't think my 2008 had the luxury package. It had nav and HID's but it didn't have wood trim or cooled seats. It also didn't have memory seats. How would you turn these on or off in the personalized settings?

You have to take it to the dealership. You cannot do it yourself. I think all IS models come with the LED floor lights.

Well now that I think of it I don't think my 2008 had the luxury package. It had nav and HID's but it didn't have wood trim or cooled seats. It also didn't have memory seats. How would you turn these on or off in the personalized settings?

LPS has nothing to do with the ambient lighting in the footwells. I know that you can dim them with the knob for the IP lights. Maybe for the dome light on/off too.

Well after further inspectiona and having to remove the lower kick panels I found out that these lights have been removed by the previous owner for some odd reason. Luckily enough no wires were clipped as the LED bulbs have a wire and connector that just plug in, I see the empty plugs on both sides. I checked Sewell Parts and they cost $24.99 for the pair which is not too bad. I just keep wondering why someone would remove them?

He didn't want them to come on when he opened the door?

Well the LED floor lights don't come on when you open the door and the light is so faint. They stay on all the time once the headlights turn on.

I'm not sure what you are saying here but: The footwell lights come on when you open the door, stay on after you start the car, and go off when you put the car in gear. That's what they are for, to assist entry.

Well that's weird, I never had footwell lights that turned on when I opened my door even in my 2008 IS250 and I also don't have it on my 2008 IS350. I only had the dome lights. The led lights i'm referring to are the ones that illuminate your feet at night when your driving, it's more of a subtle ambient lighting. These ambient lights are the ones that were removed on my IS350.

Are the footwell lights you're referring to also a bluish led?

Well that's weird, I never had footwell lights that turned on when I opened my door even in my 2008 IS250 and I also don't have it on my 2008 IS350. I only had the dome lights. The led lights i'm referring to are the ones that illuminate your feet at night when your driving, it's more of a subtle ambient lighting. These ambient lights are the ones that were removed on my IS350.

Are the footwell lights you're referring to also a bluish led?

Yep. I'm sure mine are the default setting for an 06 IS350 because they have never had anything changed.

So do your footwell lights stay on when you drive at night? This goes back to my original question of what I was looking for. On my 2008 the footwell lights stayed on when driving at night, it was a very subtle blue light that put an ambient light on your feet.

So do your footwell lights stay on when you drive at night? This goes back to my original question of what I was looking for. On my 2008 the footwell lights stayed on when driving at night, it was a very subtle blue light that put an ambient light on your feet.

Read the PDF on custom settings. I checked the default setting last night and that's what I have. I didn't try with the lights on and in gear. Will try to do that.

Read the PDF on custom settings. I checked the default setting last night and that's what I have. I didn't try with the lights on and in gear. Will try to do that.

I did, it said nothing about that, just on or off.

OK I tried it at night. The footwell lights stay on all the time after you enter the car. It doesn't matter whether headlights are on or off. They just go to a dimmer level when you put the car in gear or lock the doors. They are just so low you probably can't see them in daytime.

OK I tried it at night. The footwell lights stay on all the time after you enter the car. It doesn't matter whether headlights are on or off. They just go to a dimmer level when you put the car in gear or lock the doors. They are just so low you probably can't see them in daytime.

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for then. Thanks bartkat! Looks like i'll be ordering these bulbs then. Sewell wants $24.99 for the pair and my local lexus dealer wants $60, needless to say i'll be ordering them from Sewell.