07 Is250 Sunroof Won't Close

The sunroof will not close on my car. Every time I push the automatic close button, it closes about 9/10 of the way and then opens back up. I have tried turning the little knob and it does the same thing. Any ideas on what I should do? Its supposed to rain :( . And to top it all off, I am due any day to have my first baby and his car seat is in the car so now I'm off to wobble my fat !Removed! out there to get that out so it doesn't get ruined. Hope I don't go in labor tonight.... :angry:

Well I had the same problem with my IS except that was the previous gen to yours. I called Lexus and they said its probably off its runner or something and they would need to recenter it. I turned my car off for 20 minutes and went back out to try it. It closed straight away. So you might want to give that a try.

Hey. I tried all of you guys' suggestions and none of them worked. So I made an hour drive to Lexus of Greenville and they fixed me up in about an hour. They said something about they had to reset something and asked me if I'd had a dead battery or anything lately. I hadn't but they got it fixed now. I also made them check all the electronics in the car to make sure nothing got damaged by the rain and they said everything was fine. I also got a (badly needed) wash. I loved the experience there. Very nice! Thanks!

Hey. I tried all of you guys' suggestions and none of them worked. So I made an hour drive to Lexus of Greenville and they fixed me up in about an hour. They said something about they had to reset something and asked me if I'd had a dead battery or anything lately. I hadn't but they got it fixed now. I also made them check all the electronics in the car to make sure nothing got damaged by the rain and they said everything was fine. I also got a (badly needed) wash. I loved the experience there. Very nice! Thanks!

Same thing happened to my 07 IS 250 last night. I have no idea how or why this happened. I left it overnight and tried closing it again this morning with no such luck. Looks like I will need to make a trip to the dealer this week. There's an 50% chance of over the next few days so the tarp is out for now. Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

One other thing they fixed for me at the dealer this past Wednesday... I always had an issue with my moonroof not closing all the way. It would only go as far as the equivalent of the 1 or 2 setting, then just stop. Really frustrating, especially when I feared rain was on its way. (I think there may already be a post regarding this issue?) Anyway the dealer advised that the moonroof just needed to be re-initialized, now it works like a charm