2010 Es 350 Changes

Lexusfreak

Changes to the 2010 ES 350...& quoting...

What's New: "A mid-cycle revamp nets this midsize, entry-lux 4-dr new head / taillamps, upgraded interior trim, leather front seats with memory function, and rear-seat side airbags. Other changes of note include a VSC cutoff switch, ECO indicator, Bluetooth, iPod/USB inputs, and Safety Connect, plus a revised nav with the new Enform telematics system."

Cool Fact: "Primo ES 350 options include Mark Levinson audio, the Pre-Collision System, Intuitive Park Assist, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control."

Sum Up: "How to pay too much for a gussied-up Camry."

2 out of a possible 5 star rating & they should hit dealer lot's around mid to late September 2009. The pic of the car was a 2009 model just so you know.

I will post any significantly different or additional items from Car & Driver once I get it. :)

:cheers:

I can't wait to see a picture! I hope they spruce up the interior some. I drove the Lincoln MKS and saw the Buick LaCrosse at the DC car show and thought both had significantly higher end looking interiors than the ES350...

I can't wait to see a picture! I hope they spruce up the interior some. I drove the Lincoln MKS and saw the Buick LaCrosse at the DC car show and thought both had significantly higher end looking interiors than the ES350...

I'm looking forward to seeing pics too. The new Buick looks very sharp (did I just say that?)......but I don't think they are offering the larger 3.6L DI V6 with the newly available AWD option. :huh:

Some pics of the 'refreshed' 2010 ES 350 (hat tip to Mister Two on CL) These pics apparently are from a Lexus dealer in Taiwan. B) I'm liking the changes personally......especially the larger grille. I've got a few more that are a little better...but they are too large to post here. :(

post-5519-1249661106_thumb.jpg

post-5519-1249661120_thumb.jpg

One thing that frustrates me a little about Lexus lately is these refreshes seem to be changes they make just for the sake of making changes. Like the latest IS refresh this isn't a whole lot...

I wonder what changes they made to the interior...

One thing that frustrates me a little about Lexus lately is these refreshes seem to be changes they make just for the sake of making changes. Like the latest IS refresh this isn't a whole lot...

I wonder what changes they made to the interior...

I too am wondering about the interior Steve.....I have some slightly better pics of the exterior but they are too large to post as mentioned.....the exterior changes they did make are decent though imo.

Here are the other pictures you mentioned, again courtesy of CL:

1-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-3.jpg

I like it...we'll see what the interior looks like, thats always been my issue with the 350...

Those are them....thanks Steve! B)

Dual exhaust on a ES350 :cheers: Nice, Looking better all the time B)

Don't the 07 - 09's have dual exhaust?

And I like the chrome at the bottom of the doors......add's a bit of 'Bling' :lol:

And I like the chrome at the bottom of the doors......add's a bit of 'Bling' :lol:

I'm not impressed at all the chrome molding on the bottom of the doors. They should have spent the money on putting on putting functional moldings (matching the paint) on the center to prevent door dings. Luckily, my '09, hasn't been dinged....YET !!!

Yeah the ES350 has always had dual exhaust. Its not true dual exhaust, it just feeds off one line from the engine and splits at the back like most FWD cars with dual exhaust.

All the other Lexus sedans have a strip of chrome mouldings on the doors in the same spot, the ES always looked cheap because it didn't follow the line right there, I'm pleased with that too.

Door moldings aren't in line with the new Lexus styling theme. If you want them they sell them, are dealer installed, and actually look pretty good. They're about $200. You can buy them for your '09 too...

Yeah you can buy the body colored door mouldings as an 'assessory' so it's all good.

I've got a few e-mails out to some Lexus contacts.......I want to see what improvements (if any) have been made to the interior.

One of my Lexus contacts said that not much on the inside except for an 'improved' center console.....but they are in the dark on specifics. So I guess no updates to the dash. :(

Well we'll see what the improvements to the console are...maybe they'll help.

The TL has an incredible interior though...so does the Lincoln MKS...I really think the ES is at a huge disadvantage in that department.

The TL has an incredible interior though...so does the Lincoln MKS...I really think the ES is at a huge disadvantage in that department.

Only thing about the new TL is that it'f got a face only a mother could love lol. :lol:

My 2007 ULE is dual exhaust.

The chrome at the bottom of the doors seems to be a new theme. Our new 2010 RX350 has that same chrome at the bottom.

Well we'll see what the improvements to the console are...maybe they'll help.

I drove the TL before I drove the ES350.

Just my opionions

I disliked the TL because it seems like every single function of the Audio system, HVAC and Navigation have their own button the dashboard and/or the steering wheel. I thought it was incredible busy looking and gimmicky plus took too much time to sort through while driving it.

Unfortunately for Acura, I am one of the few who didn't mind the new styling, especially in the dark greyish brown color. However, the unit they pulled for the test drive shook so bad the salesman had to take it straight into the shop after I drove it. the test drive didn't really make the best first impression. My first drive in an ES350 was during an incredible thunderstorm and I still loved it.

I saw the MKS in the showroom; I thought they did a nice job on the dash and front row but the back seat was cramped and somehow they made it incredibly cheal looking.

In hindsight, the ES still does it for me.