2010 Is350-c Navigation

We've been seriously considering trading for a new 350 convertible, but I've visited three dealers and have yet to get a straight answer about the navi in this car. There's nearly nothing online, so I am hoping someone here has a reliable source of info.

The 2010 has hard drive based nav, I think. Is it possible to operate by means other than voice commands while the vehicle is in motion? Does it still have the region-based maps of previous generations? Is there any user-accessible space on the hard drive, as there is in the BMW 3 series?

My wife much prefers the IS350 over the BMW 335Ci (which I really like), but after the unpleasant experience we've had with our RX350 nav, I'm having a difficult time convincing myself that the IS will be any better.

Thanks for any input.

Honestly the salesmen at the dealership don't know jack about the cars they sale. I can tell you that the new ISC does have the hard drive based nav system. But you are going to have to go test drive it and figure out all these questions yourself to see if you can operate while driving. But honestly I doubt they have changed anything with the nav system in which you can operate alot of items while driving without the voice commands. I have been following other car forums and NJ is working on a bill to ban the use of nav systems while driving. Kind of like the ticket you can get for using a cell phone without a hands free device in California. So I think the block while driving is here to stay.

Ain't that the truth. When I was out shopping for my IS, I could understand the pre-owned no name dealerships giving me faulty information but when I went to my local Lexus showroom I was amazed at the inconsistancy of knowledge from one salesman to the other. I felt like I was educating the salesman on the features of the car that he's suppose to sell me. Same goes for some repair issues & costs associated (depending on the issue of course)

We've been seriously considering trading for a new 350 convertible, but I've visited three dealers and have yet to get a straight answer about the navi in this car. There's nearly nothing online, so I am hoping someone here has a reliable source of info.

The 2010 has hard drive based nav, I think. Is it possible to operate by means other than voice commands while the vehicle is in motion? Does it still have the region-based maps of previous generations? Is there any user-accessible space on the hard drive, as there is in the BMW 3 series?

My wife much prefers the IS350 over the BMW 335Ci (which I really like), but after the unpleasant experience we've had with our RX350 nav, I'm having a difficult time convincing myself that the IS will be any better.

Thanks for any input.

Just saw your thread and yes, the IS350 has a hard drive based nav. The region based maps are the same as previous generations and I haven't played around with the voice commands yet. I am having way to much fun driving the car!

I don't thin there is any user accessible space on the drive. So far it's just for internal Lexus programs. I hear that the IS350C should be coming out within a couple of months.

Good luck.

Yes--it is Hard Drive:

HDD Navigation System [11] including voice command, color LCD display with integrated backup camera [12], XM NavTraffic™ [13] and enhanced Bluetooth® technology [14]

But I doubt they would alter the basic functionality of the system, so that you could input addresses while driving.

Honestly the salesmen at the dealership don't know jack about the cars they sale. I can tell you that the new ISC does have the hard drive based nav system. But you are going to have to go test drive it and figure out all these questions yourself to see if you can operate while driving. But honestly I doubt they have changed anything with the nav system in which you can operate alot of items while driving without the voice commands. I have been following other car forums and NJ is working on a bill to ban the use of nav systems while driving. Kind of like the ticket you can get for using a cell phone without a hands free device in California. So I think the block while driving is here to stay.

We just got our new 2010 ISC250 w/ nav and you cant use it while underway. Only thing is the speed dial for the phone

John

We just got our new 2010 ISC250 w/ nav and you cant use it while underway. Only thing is the speed dial for the phone

John

WOW - Another new 2010 IS 250C owner. Congratulations. I have had my car now 11 days here in Los Angeles and so far I haven't seen another IS 250C on the road. Maybe we are the only ones!!!

Gary