Turn Signal Buzzer

I checked the manual of my 2008 IS250AWD and couldn't find the answer to my problem. My hearing is not perfect (am 65years old) and cannot hear the buzzer, if any, when the turn signal is occasionally left on. Additionally the view of the flashing lights in the instrument cluster is obstructed by the steering wheel. Is there any way to make the buzzer louder. Thanks

I checked the manual of my 2008 IS250AWD and couldn't find the answer to my problem. My hearing is not perfect (am 65years old) and cannot hear the buzzer, if any, when the turn signal is occasionally left on. Additionally the view of the flashing lights in the instrument cluster is obstructed by the steering wheel. Is there any way to make the buzzer louder. Thanks

I've never heard of an ability to do that--for any car. If the steering wheel obstructs the instrument panel, I'd say you should be moving the wheel a bit higher.

This question has been asked several times and particularly in reference to the LS. Some have talked about installing a louder flasher module but I don't remember anyone reporting back that they had actually done that.

Remember the hood and fender top turn signals on some American cars? The 67-68 Ford Mustang had turn signals in louvers in the hood that were easily visible to the driver. A number of American sedans - Cadillacs, Buicks, Oldsmobiles - had tiny turn signals mounted in the tops of the front fenders just rear of the head lights that pointed back towards the driver. Maybe some top fender turn signals from a 1990 Cadillac DeVille would do the trick on your IS!

Seriously, most people get used to Lexus turn signal flashers not making much if any noise. I did and I'm not exactly a "Spring chicken". If this quiet turn signal flashers is a big deal for you, I'll bet it wouldn't be a huge project to wire one or more tiny light modules (maybe LED) into the turn signal circuit and either hide them in the car's interior or outside under the edge of the hood closest to the windshield.

You know, I've smiled a few times now reading this. But not for what you might think, It's because I'm in my 30's, and I never hear the turn signal over the stereo blasting everywhere I go either. LOL! So my only real suggestion is to just pay attention to your driving. Just as you put yourself in the habit of using the turn signal, create the habit to check it afterwards. LOL!!

Oh, and PS: You should adjust the steering and seat to gain a better view of you dash.

I've noticed how quiet they are too, but I usually watch the lights. If you use the lane change feature the signal will cancel when you let go of the stalk. On most actual turns the signals should self cancel anyway.