Need Music

• 3 weeks later...

Can a 1990 ls fit a 1993 gs 300 radio. Mine went dead and I want to replace it with factory equipment...But the Dealer charges $500 for a refurbished 1990-1994 ls radio... <_< please help.....Thanks

Hey, I'm having the same problem in Snellville. What did you end up doing? Rich

Can a 1990 ls fit a 1993 gs 300 radio. Mine went dead and I want to replace it with factory equipment...But the Dealer charges $500 for a refurbished 1990-1994 ls radio... <_< please help.....Thanks

No, They are totally different. I will look to see if I have a replacement headunit for you. B)

There are a number of companies that repair Lexus radios -- often at prices far less than what Lexus dealers charge for an exchange radio. Google "Lexus radio repair". I shipped my radio head unit to a radio repair shop in Florida ( http://www.carstereohelp.com/ ) for repair -- got excellent service from "Bob" who apparently runs the place.

I have both the pioneer premium and the nak stock factory headunits, Guaranteed to work with 1 year warranty. Leave your email if interested. B)

The radio on my old '90 LS400 got to where it had to be hotter and hotter inside the car before it would even come on... then it quit all together.

On my current '91 LS400, it powers on fine, but most stations have alot of static, as if the reception is weak, so I dont know if its a radio or antenna issue. The cassette player works perfectly, so I have about three custom made ones (where I recorded a host of my favorite songs) that I listen to most of the time. You cant even buy cassettes new now... my car DONT have the CD option. :(

• 1 month later...

I have both the pioneer premium and the nak stock factory headunits, Guaranteed to work with 1 year warranty. Leave your email if interested. B)

Smoothdaddyk@yahoo.com

Sorry for the delay...What is the price on the pioneer?

My friend found a place that sells them out in Duluth I will post the name & number tomorrow

Your best bet is to go through DCFish on this sort of stuff, as he knows every inch of these cars. Not all connectors are the same, not all speakers are the same ohm's, even on the same model year of a car. After quickly learning this when trying to find a replacement for my factory subwoofer in my 95', I bought an oem sub replacement for my former LS from DC, and was more than pleased with the results. Trust me, there are more than a few posts on here over the years about guys and gals buying, what they thought, were oem quality refurbished units, only to be in the same place a few months later due to crappy internal parts used to refurbish them. Not selling DC here, but if I were you, I'd trust his judgement over anyone else's when it comes to this stuff. I doubt you'll find anyone more knowledgable about this kind of stuff, than a guy who's been partcipating on this site for over 6 years, with over 9,000 postings of advice.

Just like 90LS400, my radio wasn't turning on except when hot. To repair it is like 100 bucks just for diagnose...

So i ordered one from replacementradios dot com for $100 and paid $30 for shipping to canada but even this one won't turn on.

Now i have 2 dead pioneer headunits looking pretty on the dresser and a hole in my dash and wallet.

so frustrated.... :cries: :cries:

• 4 weeks later...

My friend found a place that sells them out in Duluth I will post the name & number tomorrow

The name is electronics master repair in Duluth. I bought mine for a $206.70 and they will install for free!

The name is Electronic Master Repair in Duluth. I paid $206.70 and installation was included