My 92 Ls

sidewayz

Here is my 92 that I have been working on. Finally got my wheels the other day. The A/C went out a couple of weeks ago, so I had to fork out big bucks for another Denso compressor. I have a little more than $8k in her since January. I am finally done. Well atleast until someone donates me a climate control display. I can't see paying $200+ for a display when the controls work perfectly fine. Check it out and leave comments. Sorry my camera doesnt take the greatest pics.

0518091104.jpg

0518091104a.jpg

0518091104b.jpg

0518091105.jpg

Dude, Your LS is VERY nice!

The only thing I'd say to do.. would be to upgrade your suspension!! You need a drop! lol

But other than that... damn... looking clean bro. You've got a good eye!

Parts.com for best price OEM parts

just priced lowering springs and struts. I think that maybe I will just sell the car before I put much more money into it. I was planning on doing that anyway, then the A/C went out, and I exceeded my budget by replacing the compressor. I have a couple of AE86 Corollas I am fixing up and an IS300 that I want to turbocharge. I think I will just sell the LS if someone was to be slightly interested in it. I just don't know what would be a good price to ask for. I have $8k in it already.

Maybe just keep it for a DD.

You wouldn't be able to get THAT much for it. How many miles are on it? These things go for so long it would probably be more worth your time to just own it until it is "unfixable" lol

How many miles are on it?

has 191,xxx on the clock. has roughly 84k on the engine and transmission that I put in it just 3500 miles ago. I love the car. I mean, I love looking at it, but I just can't quite grasp the idea of driving a big "gandpa" mobile. I have always had sports cars in my garage. I just picked this one up to try something new. I have been working on these cars for years and everybody loves them, so when I come across the deal on this one, I had to pick it up and fix it up. I just can't get over the fact that it just doesn't handle as good as my Corollas or Supras. That is why I picked up the IS300. I wanted a 4dr sports car.

How many miles are on it?

has 191,xxx on the clock. has roughly 84k on the engine and transmission that I put in it just 3500 miles ago. I love the car. I mean, I love looking at it, but I just can't quite grasp the idea of driving a big "gandpa" mobile. I have always had sports cars in my garage. I just picked this one up to try something new. I have been working on these cars for years and everybody loves them, so when I come across the deal on this one, I had to pick it up and fix it up. I just can't get over the fact that it just doesn't handle as good as my Corollas or Supras. That is why I picked up the IS300. I wanted a 4dr sports car.

Very nice job man, I keep looking for gun turrets and missile launchers, I LOVE IT!

Well lowering the LS correctly can yield VERY impressive results.

Get a set of megan coilovers, or even the coilover setup PureDrifter is trying to sell, and it will stiffen her up right away. You can always throw a strut bar in too.

One thing you need to realize is that the LS is NOT a sports car, but with the proper mods, can be made to handle remarkably well.

And come on... don't be one of those "It's a grandpas car" guys... I always tell them, "Cause normally only grandpas can afford them!!" hahaha B)

I agree with the murdered out Lex. This is why I done it, to set me apart from all the "Grandpa" cars in town. I have considered saving some money and just heating the springs until I get money for the full coilover set. I know it won't ride the greatest, but it will be tucking 20"s

I agree with the murdered out Lex. This is why I done it, to set me apart from all the "Grandpa" cars in town. I have considered saving some money and just heating the springs until I get money for the full coilover set. I know it won't ride the greatest, but it will be tucking 20"s

I would borrow the money and save the springs in case you want to go back int he future to sell it to your grandpa ;)

I would borrow the money and save the springs in case you want to go back int he future to sell it to your grandpa ;)

haha!

Yea don't ruin your OEM springs. Just stick it out with your ride height until you can do it right. Doing it cheap always ends up !Removed! something up.

Like our highly esteemed member has in his sig; Cheap and fast won't be reliable, Reliable and cheap won't be fast, Fast and reliable won't be cheap, I mean why even screw up a perfect LS? Buy a GS or IS and mod it until your broke...................

Like our highly esteemed member has in his sig; Cheap and fast won't be reliable, Reliable and cheap won't be fast, Fast and reliable won't be cheap, I mean why even screw up a perfect LS? Buy a GS or IS and mod it until your broke...................

Nothing wrong with Modding an LS, they are beautiful cars stock, and they look great when customized too, it's whatever floats your boat, hands on the tools and the wheel instead of guns and drugs, right?

Nothing wrong with Modding an LS, they are beautiful cars stock, and they look great when customized too, it's whatever floats your boat, hands on the tools and the wheel instead of guns and drugs, right?

That is so true ;) I just have this thing for a 100% stock showroom LS B) If you do a search for a thread on a detailed Toyota century http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=57745 It would give you a better understanding of where I am coming from. If that car was modded, Jail would be in order..................

I guess you guys are right. Just keep it stock and do it right.

Don't keep it stock! Anyways you're pretty far away from "stock" as it is. No sense in turning around. As soon as she is lowered you will be glad you kept her!

I need to lower my LS baaaad.

Tanabe DF210's only like $230 ;)

The Toyota Century... is... INCREDIBLE. I just found that thread last week and was drooling over it. Impeccable vehicle. The LS on the other hand is only worthy of mods going in the right direction.. where everything can be tied together.. Like yours, black car, smoked tails, black wheels.. it all works beautifully. Not like some guys going black car, chrome wheels, RCR tails... just doesn't work (IMO).

Just stick with it man! B)

Tanabe DF210's only like $230 ;)

Just stick with it man! B)

I just don't want to spend the money right now for new struts. I am not going to take out the old ones only to put them back in. So in the end it works out to be real close in price whether I go with coilovers or lowering springs