Bbs Wheels Opinions

How come i dont see that many people with bbs rims on their lexus or any japanese car for that matter? I think bbs makes great rims and the quality is superior to most rims out their. Im just wondering. Heres a pic of wheels i had on my sc 300 tell me they wouldnt look great on an IS 300

post-93787-1242226617_thumb.jpg

We had a set of BBS wheels on our 1989 Acura Legend 5-speed L. They came with the car. The car was in our family for more than 13 years. My wife drove it the first 5 years or so, I made it my office commuting vehicle the next 5 years or so, then we gave it to our daughter for its final 3 years or so with us. By the time I donated it to charity at about 250,000 miles, the BBS wheels were still worth more than the car....

As a previous poster pointed out, these high-end wheels are just too damned expensive, particularly in the middle of a recession. I would never waste money on upgrading to these ridiculously costly wheels (of any brand) and then have to get rid of a perfectly good set of factory wheels. The only reason we had the BBS wheels on the Acura is because they were on the car when we bought it, although my wife did indeed like the way they looked and rode....

Yeah i bought this years before the recession was anywhere near now i wish i had the money right now for a few other things. I dont even have my car anymore it got totaled a year ago. Ive been waiting for my brother to buy a lexus so i can sell him my rims but he bought a bmw now im stuck with these. Im considering selling them even if i get a few hundred at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, auth. bbs are hella expensive. My buddy has a IS250 and i just hooked him up w/some bbs reps. They look sick man. Also i was able to get him some bbs red/gold caps too. I'll try to get some pics up for you guys to see.

Edited by SKperformance
forum rules