Lost Sound While Driving?

I was driving and all sound turned off (stereo still playing) but volume control didn't work (didn't even register on the NAV screen). This was both nob and vol controls on steering wheel! I click the voice command button and nothing.

Everything resolved the next time I started the car though. It was in for an oil change yesterday and the dealer said the couldn't find anything wrong. It has not replicated itself either.

Anybody have this happen? Just a glitch?

Did you have a Bluetooth phone paired with the system at the time the problem occurred? If so, was the phone in your pocket, etc., and does it have an exposed keypad that might have allowed the inadvertent pressing of one of its keypad buttons?

I'm doing some wild speculation here!

I've actually read several posts about a similar problem on the SC430 but I don't remember seeing a resolution.

Did you have a Bluetooth phone paired with the system at the time the problem occurred? If so, was the phone in your pocket, etc., and does it have an exposed keypad that might have allowed the inadvertent pressing of one of its keypad buttons?

I'm doing some wild speculation here!

I've actually read several posts about a similar problem on the SC430 but I don't remember seeing a resolution.

Thanks for the feedback! My phone is set to auto-connect so it probably was paired. It is not anywhere that a button could have been hit but I still wouldn't rule the phone out. If it happens again I will be sure to peek at the phone and see if it is locked up too.

Ok, it did it again this morning and the phone is fine. In fact it dials and shows connection on the display screen but no sound :(

I went into the service menu and under DSP-AMP it said NCON. Shutting off the car and turning it back on cleared it to ok.

Any thoughts?

Ok, it did it again this morning and the phone is fine. In fact it dials and shows connection on the display screen but no sound :(

I went into the service menu and under DSP-AMP it said NCON. Shutting off the car and turning it back on cleared it to ok.

Any thoughts?

Since the dealer couldn't replicate the prob, you should call them and relay this info to them.

Are you using the SAT radio or LExus IPOD adapter? This problem happened to me after they installed my IPOD adaptor. There is connection at the back of the stereo that gets knocked loose sometimes, and kills all the audio control functions. The solution is to push it in properly until it snaps.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been messing with the IPOD connection but that is something to check if it happens again.

I am thinking that it actually has to do with entering the service menu. I think that I had been playing around with the gain/receive settings around the same time. I remember rebooting out of the service menu but not necessarily actually stopping/starting the car.

I can't say for sure if this is what happened, but I haven't been in the service menu since, and the problem hasn't reoccured. Possibly connected somehow.

I have had the same issue, but only happens with SATELLITE. Requires you to turn the car off and back on to reboot system. I consider it a SAT problem. Only happens once in a blue moon.

I was driving and all sound turned off (stereo still playing) but volume control didn't work (didn't even register on the NAV screen). This was both nob and vol controls on steering wheel! I click the voice command button and nothing.

Everything resolved the next time I started the car though. It was in for an oil change yesterday and the dealer said the couldn't find anything wrong. It has not replicated itself either.

Anybody have this happen? Just a glitch?

This just started happening to me, well... little different. I'll be driving and it will just read EJECT and eject out a cd. Kinda odd because when it happens I have been on the radio. I dont know. kind of annoying.

• 3 months later...