Rear Tires Constantly Shred And More

e.k.

I have an LS400 (1993) and thought my tires were too big in the back. It turns out, that the front and back are the same. My problem is that any type of a bump, small or big, my back tires scrape against the frame. I replaced the tires about 8 months ago and have new tires not used. The 2 back tires are again all shredded where they scrape. If I go around a curve at a decent speed, I get a long scrape until I even out. Also, if I brake hard, my car will swerve. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Get an alignment..

I'm assuming your car is lowered?

Do you have a conventional setup, or air susp?

Mileage?

what you describe just sounds like the tire rubbing on the fender when the body moves...

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Yes. Use tires of an appropriate size. Your car came from the factory with 225/60-16 tires.

The car is not lowered. I'll recheck the tires. That would take care of the scratching of the tires. Any ideas on the car jerking to the right when I brake hard?

Tire size???

Hellooooo? :huh:

Heeerrrreeee op op op :D

When I bought the car, they told me it wasn't the stock tire size. I don't know what size it is. When I bought new tires, they did tell me that the tires were too big for the normal size (16?) and apparently I had wide tires. I didn't have any options other then some expensive tires. I thought they were just trying to get a lot of money. It's the outside edges that touch.

What I'm thinking is that I might have to get new rims that fit the original size of 16". The car doesn't bounce any bit more than normal it just scratches over bumps and curves. Also, when I brake hard, my car pulls to the right. You've helped me with this issue with the calipers so I'm going to change them out. But to answer your question, no, the car is not lowered.

Tire size???

When I bought the car, they told me it wasn't the stock tire size. I don't know what size it is. When I bought new tires, they did tell me that the tires were too big for the normal size (16?) and apparently I had wide tires. I didn't have any options other then some expensive tires. I thought they were just trying to get a lot of money. It's the outside edges that touch.

What I'm thinking is that I might have to get new rims that fit the original size of 16". The car doesn't bounce any bit more than normal it just scratches over bumps and curves. Also, when I brake hard, my car pulls to the right. You've helped me with this issue with the calipers so I'm going to change them out. But to answer your question, no, the car is not lowered.

Tire size???

What the mechanic told you was right. Your tires are too wide. Check your sidewall and look for the numbers like XXX/XX/XX

I'm gonna guess you have something like 245/70/16 on there. Unless you have aftermarket rims.

Do you have AM rims?

-Regarding the pull, it's most likely a seized piston or else contamination on your brake pads

What the mechanic told you was right. Your tires are too wide. Check your sidewall and look for the numbers like XXX/XX/XX

I'm gonna guess you have something like 245/70/16 on there. Unless you have aftermarket rims.

Do you have AM rims?

-Regarding the pull, it's most likely a seized piston or else contamination on your brake pads

I'll check the tire size again. In regards to the rims, I do know they are considered wide-sport rims. I'll also look into the pistons and the brake pads.