Automatic Door Unlocking

My 2006 400h does not automatically unlocks the door when I put the gear in 'P' position or pull out the key from the ignition. I tried set it by following the manual's instruction but couldn't.

Does any of you have same prob.? Any solution? or Should I need to take my to dealer?

Thanks.

My 2006 400h does not automatically unlocks the door when I put the gear in 'P' position or pull out the key from the ignition. I tried set it by following the manual's instruction but couldn't.

Does any of you have same prob.? Any solution? or Should I need to take my to dealer?

Thanks.

In my 2009RX350, this is set by the dealer as part of the various 'settings' you can choose. The 'lock doors when in D' and 'unlock doors when in P' seems to be the default.

Althouth the Dealer is not under any obligation to do (or make) changes on your settings if you bought your car used, our dealer did them for us twice. The last time was when our auxiliary battery died (2 weeks ago) under warranty. Maybe that was why they went and did it ... who know ... but they reset the sunroof, DVD map settings, windows & door locks.

I still can't figure out why Lexus hadn't built in an owner-changeable capability. My Corvette allows me to not only change any of many settings such as door locking, seat movement rearward upon entry, and twilight lighting functions, but it also allows me to extract fault codes (very necessary when you have a GM product) and reset them with a push of a button.

It's one of those personal settings. There are many different ones. You might want to look and decide on all the ones you want and then ask the dealer. Even though it is used, most dealers want you for service so they should as a courtesy do it for you free. Mine is always happy to make changes.

I still can't figure out why Lexus hadn't built in an owner-changeable capability. My Corvette allows me to not only change any of many settings such as door locking, seat movement rearward upon entry, and twilight lighting functions, but it also allows me to extract fault codes (very necessary when you have a GM product) and reset them with a push of a button.

Yes, I'm with you there. I believe Lexus should have included the ability to change many of the settings by 'code' for the owner via some of the buttons such as the info. buttons. I do not have experience with many other car-makers, but unfortunately BMW has the same approach: any change of settings must be done by the dealer (and here in Miami Braman Motors - which I highly recommend avoiding - wants to charge $60 per change of settings EVEN ON A NEW CAR!!). So, in a way, Lexus dealers are kind to offer change at no cost. But not all changes are available: for instance, I would like to 'delete' the automatic re-setting of the avge. fuel consumption whenever you refill the gas tank. The old RX300 had a continuous 'avge' irrespective of refills, and that made a lot more sense, particularly since you can 'reset' the counter/computer whenever you want.

• 2 weeks later...
That would certainly be handy in a hybrid vehicle.

Funny you should mention that, my Prius was reset automatically everytime I refilled the tank. Is the resetting of the personal settings done with some special equipment or is there a secret handshake way of doing it? Where are the Lexus techs. on here? They must have insight to this.

Yes, I'm with you there. I believe Lexus should have included the ability to change many of the settings by 'code' for the owner via some of the buttons such as the info. buttons. I do not have experience with many other car-makers, but unfortunately BMW has the same approach: any change of settings must be done by the dealer (and here in Miami Braman Motors - which I highly recommend avoiding - wants to charge $60 per change of settings EVEN ON A NEW CAR!!). So, in a way, Lexus dealers are kind to offer change at no cost. But not all changes are available: for instance, I would like to 'delete' the automatic re-setting of the avge. fuel consumption whenever you refill the gas tank. The old RX300 had a continuous 'avge' irrespective of refills, and that made a lot more sense, particularly since you can 'reset' the counter/computer whenever you want.

This confuses me. My 2008 RX400h does not do this at all. I have to manually clear the mileage every time I fill up.

One thing that drives me nuts personally is that the doors do not auto lock if I forget to lock them. All of my other cars both with OEM and after market systems do this as default. There have been a few times I have been shocked to find out the next day that my vehicle has been unlocked all night.

Here is a scenario. Shopping, hatch filled up. Exit vehicle. Open hatch, close doors. Unload hatch area. Carrying in last load of groceries, close the rear hatch with the remote. vehicle doors are now left unlocked (as I forgot to hit the lock button after the hatch close button).

This drives me NUTS!

/Steve

Lexus has a service call "Personalize Settings" where they will program the car the way you want it.

I was able to program the car to lock doors when my RX400h goes over 10mph, and this is just following the owner's manual

instructions.

My apology, I misread your post Steve. I don't think that there is a setting to change that behavior. My rear hatch is unlocked after opening/closing too, which I find a bit ridiculous on a $50K vehicle.

Tom