What Is My 1995 Gs300 Worth?

Hello. I'm a new member and want to communicate with some folks who know and understand the Lexus brand. I currently have two of them: a 2002 LS430 and (more specific to this discussion) a 1995 GS300 Touring. I have owned it since new and have only 83K miles on it. It is my "baby" and has had only dealer-provided service and repair. However, I am retiring and no longer need two cars. I'd like to sell it to a friend or relative because I feel confident of its condition. But, I want to get a fair price and won't give it away.

The car is two-tone gold with beige interior. I ordered chrome factory wheels ($1,000), a hands-free phone with steering wheel controls ($2,000 probably wasted because it was an analog phone), window tint, and a complete interior kit from the WoodDash company. I have replaced the original tires with AquaTreads, providing much better traction in the wet. I also dechromed the trunk, leaving only the GS300 logo that is built into the taillight assembly.

The car just went through the (big) 75,000 mile check, which cost me $1,200, including brakes, alignment, etc. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and my local Lexus dealer has complete records on the car.

I know there are some 1st Gen enthusiasts out there, and this would be a perfect car for someone to play with. Any ideas from the forum on how much I should ask for it?

ddo

PS: I know people will be asking for photos, and I'm working on that.

Hello. I'm a new member and want to communicate with some folks who know and understand the Lexus brand. I currently have two of them: a 2002 LS430 and (more specific to this discussion) a 1995 GS300 Touring. I have owned it since new and have only 83K miles on it. It is my "baby" and has had only dealer-provided service and repair. However, I am retiring and no longer need two cars. I'd like to sell it to a friend or relative because I feel confident of its condition. But, I want to get a fair price and won't give it away.

The car is two-tone gold with beige interior. I ordered chrome factory wheels ($1,000), a hands-free phone with steering wheel controls ($2,000 probably wasted because it was an analog phone), window tint, and a complete interior kit from the WoodDash company. I have replaced the original tires with AquaTreads, providing much better traction in the wet. I also dechromed the trunk, leaving only the GS300 logo that is built into the taillight assembly.

The car just went through the (big) 75,000 mile check, which cost me $1,200, including brakes, alignment, etc. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and my local Lexus dealer has complete records on the car.

I know there are some 1st Gen enthusiasts out there, and this would be a perfect car for someone to play with. Any ideas from the forum on how much I should ask for it?

ddo

Post them high res shots that we here at LOC love to see...... Sounds like a real keeper !!!

Edmunds values it at about 4600 for a private seller, 6100 dealer retail and 3700 trade in value. I find edmunds more accurate especially when it comes to today's market conditions. I'd say $5k firm is a fair selling price and an excellent buy for anyone looking for a first gen.

ddo

Post them high res shots that we here at LOC love to see...... Sounds like a real keeper !!!

ddo

Thanks for the input. I know everyone thinks their car is "special" and is worth more than average. I think this one is, in fact, way above average. I like your estimate, Lucky 13. And for you, dcfish, here are some photos. I'd like to list this on the "For Sale" forum, but I haven't posted enough messages to be able to do that just yet.

ddo

hwy68g.jpg

vcs2et.jpg

2whqmtc.jpg

30auys6.jpg

1jtb1t.jpg

I would certainly say that your vehicle qualifies as in "excellent" condition. I would not be surprised if you could get the blue book asking price. Be sure to look that up for yourself as well, pricing varies from location to locatin.