Vibration At Hwy Speeds

I'm guessing I may have a damaged rim because I had a tire replaced recently due to damage from going over a pothole. After the tire was replaced the mechanic said there was no rim damage (but he wasn't very convincing). Mind you the vibration was gone for a few days, then I started feeling it again. I think he either didn't balance the rim properly or the rim is damaged

• 2 months later...

I've got vibrations while driving at HWY speed on my '07 IS250. Took it to the dealership and the mechanic told me my Bridgestone Potenza tires were getting choppy but everything else was fine with the car. They recommended getting the Potenza model tire when it came time to replace the tires.

Get your tires road force balanced. This will fix the problem. Even with a mildy bend wheel. They can usually place weights to compensate for a bent rim. Way better than free spinning balance they do at cheap places like discount tire.

Choppy? Sounds like uneven tire wear. Suppose to rotate the times every 16000km on the AWD model. But it's definately not that for me, I know it's the rim

So here's what I would do. take out the spare, and swap the rim you think is bent. Drive it. If that "fixes" the problem, take the rim in and have it fixed, if it can't be fixed, then have it replaced. If swapping to the spare doesn't fix the issue, and you swapped around all 4 wheels, then it's not that either.