Alarm Randomly Going Off!

jcrome04

.......... I mean the LEDs are done and gone. I didn't say I got anything fixed with the LEDs.

Are you reading ANY of my posts?? ??

How many times have I said I removed them??

I got confused because SRKPerformance was speaking as though they were still in.

Why don't you reinstall them so you can see if all this PB Blaster is having an effect?

(You don't have to be a jerk either...)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, dude, I'm not being a jerk!

I just don't get it since I've mentioned taking out the LEDs SO many times here, there should be no reason to ask

I thank you for your advice in this thread, but I'll ask you kindly to please stay out of it from now on.

There is NO need for name calling of ANY kind, and I'd rather it not get any further along than you calling me a jerk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic.

When locking my car that way, (power lock with the door open, manually unlock/lock driver's door) the alarm still sets. (since it JUST went off a few minutes ago) Is there any other way I could lock the car that would NOT set the alarm??

Or am I just SOL?

Would a car alarm/stereo place be able to figure this out for me? Or do they only have experience with installing aftermarket alarms?? I might go into a local alarm place today and see if they do anything like that..

Ok so my baby's got all her latches and holes lubed up!.......

For some reason it just doesn't sound right saying that! :lol: hahaha!

:cheers:

So I'll start arming it with the fob again. and we'll see where we go from there! Hopefully this does it!

PB B'laster is very orange... I guess I was expecting it to be like WD-40! Very distinct smell. I must say though.. Just by spraying it in the lock on my trunk worked WONDERS! Now instead of jimmying the key around till it opens it simply just opens so smoothly with 1 turn!

I think I'm loving this stuff! :D :D

Wow, dude, I'm not being a jerk!

I just don't get it since I've mentioned taking out the LEDs SO many times here, there should be no reason to ask

I thank you for your advice in this thread, but I'll ask you kindly to please stay out of it from now on.

There is NO need for name calling of ANY kind, and I'd rather it not get any further along than you calling me a jerk.

JC, I see you're in fine form! :P Since you're rev'd up and ready to go, why not join the fun in this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=55577

JC, sorry to set you off like that. I did not know what "74s" meant and I also haven't been re-reading the thread every day since I've started following it.

Put those LEDs back in so you can see if your fix worked! I have a feeling that the drain is not coming from the bulbs (stock or LEDs), it's coming from something else in that same circuit (you probably already know that), so replacing them with the stock bulbs will not have any effect on the battery draining.

Seriously though, I hope you get your car fixed. It looks great and it would be a shame for a nice car like that to be sold because of something silly like an alarm. I know how embarrassing it can be to have that alarm go off constantly--somebody in my apartment complex had an alarm that used to go off once an hour and people would literally be screaming out the window at her every time it happened!

I will be staying out of this thread as you asked. Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you want, but I really don't think you getting mad at me for forgetting about a couple of posts you made several days ago was necessary. :unsure: I don't think that's any way to treat someone who was seriously trying to help you solve your problem. Wasn't I the one who first suggested that you had a battery draining problem?

Dude... honestly... You're blowing this wayyy out of proportion.

I'm not mad at all. I just think it's ridiculous that you needed to start name calling.

And simply don't want it to get any further along than that.

You calling me a jerk is not helping anybody.

I'm only asking you to cease from this thread if you can't stop the name calling. There is no need for it here.

If you're done, then feel free to continue to offer your advice and opinions. :cheers:

LED's will show light as they use show light to be power while a normal filiment one does not.

SK, English is my native language, but I am having some trouble with this sentence. Can you interpret for me? :unsure:

Dude... honestly... You're blowing this wayyy out of proportion.

I'm not mad at all. I just think it's ridiculous that you needed to start name calling.

And simply don't want it to get any further along than that.

You calling me a jerk is not helping anybody.

I'm only asking you to cease from this thread if you can't stop the name calling. There is no need for it here.

If you're done, then feel free to continue to offer your advice and opinions. :cheers:

I'm sorry, I must have misread your post prior to mine that called you a jerk. :( I apologize.

landar, he means that LED's take a very minimal current to cause them to light up, while normal filament bulbs will take a little more current before you see them start to light up. Therefore the LEDs are a better indicator of whether there is current going through the circuit or not.

landar, he means that LED's take a very minimal current to cause them to light up, while normal filament bulbs will take a little more current before you see them start to light up. Therefore the LEDs are a better indicator of whether there is current going through the circuit or not.

Oh ok. And current going thru the Dome light circuit indicates the door switch(in the latch) is not opening the circuit when the door is fully closed?

I like eatingups suggestion of locking the system while inside and then pushing out on the doors to see if the alarm will trip. I would think that would

clear or indict a bad door switch.

I sprayed everything but the hood latch. I'll do that today.

I have an appt. at my local dealer for Thursday. They should be able to get it all figured out.

Yup. Considering it happens all the time it shouldn't be too hard when it DOES go off.

Maybe I'll leave the wiring trouble shooting up to the professionals that know exactly where and what to look at, and have exactly the right tools for the job. Rather than me going to buy an Ohm meter and probe around my car with my thumb up my butt.

I don't know what I'm doing with anything more than cleaning things up. I don't want to tear apart my dash to get to the ECU. They can do that, and I don't mind paying.

I can't even lock my car anymore since there's no way to lock it without arming the system. It goes off all the time now. I can't have my alarm going off all night long, and I can't leave it unlocked in my driveway forever.

I'm giving this one to the pros ;)

Oh and I'm getting my tranny flushed too. So they're going to get a little bit of money from me tomorrow :lol:

Rather than me going to buy an Ohm meter and probe around my car with my thumb up my butt.

... You would have needed to buy a "dual probe" Ohm meter!!! :lol:

Careful that you don't mix up your thumb with a probe! :whistles:

Oh and I'm getting my tranny flushed too. So they're going to get a little bit of money from me tomorrow :lol:

I thought I read some posts here that say you should NOT get your tranny "flushed"..... ??? :huh:

Yeah, I'll agree with R&B if what you're planning is a power flush. Here's the proper way to flush the tranny:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/transmission/transflush.html

If you're having the pros do it, print this out and ask them to follow the procedure.

Haha so which end of the meter goes where????????? :lol:

I'm having the dealership do it. I think it's more of a drain and fill, not a "power flush". So I'm assuming they're going to follow proper procedure.... I'll make sure to ask anyways before they have at it.

I had it done at an indie shop before I knew about the tranny fluid requirements, and then come to find out they just use some generic Chevron fluid..... Kind of kicked myself in the !Removed! about that.... <_< Maybe this will fix the wierd tranny quirk I've been having?? One can only be so lucky I guess.

Also on the agenda are cleaning the IACV, replacing the lower EGR tube, and flushing the coolant.

Regarding the IACV. When I clean it do I need to be cautious? I read you just spray it with brake cleaner type product and clean it that way.

Well I hope what the dealership did fixed it cause it hasn't gone off since then..

Also about the IACV. I searched but didn't find any specific info on exactly HOW to do it. Anyone have any tips on that?

They trouble-shot my alarm system, and looked for the reason my car decelerates when I take my foot off the gas.

And charged me $100.

Soooooo......................what's the rest of the story? Sounds like you want your $100 back before you give us your results. :whistles: What, you want specific questions? How about, the solution/fix/cause/reason etc. You playin hard to get or what? :chairshot:

They trouble-shot my alarm system, and looked for the reason my car decelerates when I take my foot off the gas.

And charged me $100.

Soooooo......................what's the rest of the story? Sounds like you want your $100 back before you give us your results.:whistles: What, you want specific questions? How about, the solution/fix/cause/reason etc. You playin hard to get or what?:chairshot:

Like a 17 year old blonde girl at the Prom................