Alarm Randomly Going Off!

jcrome04

Why don't you try this:

http://flashoffroad.com/electrical/Batteri...tteryDrain.html

Test for parasitic draw, and also for shorts.

The Fusion is a very nice car, but it's not nearly as classy or comfortable as what you have! And doesn't it borrow heavily from the previous generation Mazda6? (The Mazda6 is quite sporty by the way.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psssst...... hey i have a secret.... the Ford Fusion is the same thing a the Mazda6 ;) haha really though.. same platform, same engine..

Ford Motor Co. owns Mazda you know!

I know it's not a full size luzury sedan, but I really like it. I know it's an Apples to Oranges deal. I'm very well aware not to expect it to be of Lexus LS comfort! :D

Testing all that sounds like a big PITA... and I don't have a meter lol... ( I hope I don't sound like I want the easy way out! :D )

psssst...... hey i have a secret.... the Ford Fusion is the same thing a the Mazda6 ;) haha really though.. same platform, same engine..

Ford Motor Co. owns Mazda you know!

I know it's not a full size luzury sedan, but I really like it. I know it's an Apples to Oranges deal. I'm very well aware not to expect it to be of Lexus LS comfort! :D

Testing all that sounds like a big PITA... and I don't have a meter lol... ( I hope I don't sound like I want the easy way out! :D )

Either way, what makes you think you can sell a car like that with the alarm going off like that? :P

Mazda is not owned by Ford--but Ford Has a large controlling interest in it (I believe it's something like 33%). But yeah, they're pretty much the same car.

uhh I'll trade it in and not mention it?? :D

I know how much dealerships love KBB so here's the KBB trade in value for my car.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingRep...QuizConditions=

I'll detail the crap out of it and make them give me $5g. Then I'll have easily a couple grand save up..

So $26g - $7g = $19g. That's nothin! lol

I've never had a brand new car before that was all mine... I want one.. and I want to help Ford! :) hahaha

Kidding.

The problem is rather evident to me , If the footwell and key light do not go off then the switch to them is not opening the circuit as it should.

Their is a switch located in the latch assembly if it has no door pin to be depressed.

LED's will show light as they use show light to be power while a normal filiment one does not.

The switch involved is opening but not fully which is causing the alarm to be triggered when the voltage finalyl gets above its threshold to activate the alarm.

Fast fix , spray the crap out of the lock with pb blaster , second take the latch off and clean it , or buy a new latch assembly.

jcrome, I have this same issue with my 98 Chrysler Town and Country van...the alarm trips intermittently.

It has done it for years but I just live with it. How? Well, I go thru a little ritual every time I lock it.

First, I lock all the doors with either the fob or by depressing the drivers door electric lock switch. Now all the doors are locked and

the alarm is set. Next, I unlock just the drivers door by pressing the fob unlock once. The drivers door is now unlocked and

the alarm is deactivated. Finally, I press down the MANUAL lock on the drivers door and close it.

The net effect is that all doors are locked without the alarm being set. True, the alarm will not go off if someone tampers with

the vehicle but neither will it false trigger. Its not all that inconvenient and I have learned to live with it.

And its cheaper than a new Ford Fusion! :D

LOL yeah that sounds cheaper than a Ford Fusion! lol.

Now... If I replace the footwell LED's with the stock bulbs... wouldn't that do the trick?? (what about the key ring, and shifter light?)

So I guess I'll just be locking it manually from this point on.

That seems to be doing the trick.

*sssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

So ........ did you bother to try any of the suggestions you got? Or is the only thing you're trying is to test drive a Fusion? :whistles:

SIR!

Of course I did! :D

I took the key out of the fob. Replaced the foot well, key ring, and shifter LEDs back to normal incandescents.

I didn't use a code reader or OHM reader cause I don't have either at the moment.

How dare you question me EUBT! hahaha :lol:

I'm not going to be getting a new car anytime soon IF I decide to anyways. The soonest would be the end of the year.

I wish the 2nd gens had the alarm ON/OFF switch like the 1st gens!

SIR!

Of course I did! :D

Yeah, I knew ya did! Just testing. :P

How dare you question me EUBT! hahaha :lol:

Nah, not questioning, just reminding, cause I know how tired you must get after a long day of detailing.

I'm not going to be getting a new car anytime soon IF I decide to anyways. The soonest would be the end of the year.

After what you've put in and now with the JP accessories, it would be a shame to let'er go. Instead of putting $2-3K down on new wheels, spend it on that egr and the alarm, maybe throw in some new rubber, and Kramer's your uncle.

I wish the 2nd gens had the alarm ON/OFF switch like the 1st gens!

They don't. All they have is a switch enabling/disabling the remote. Alarm is activated regardless of the switch setting.

What I meant by the question in my previous post is:

Also try locking up while inside the car. Then move/jiggle the ecu a bit to see if that triggers the alarm. If it does, you'll have to either get it tested and/or check the connections.

I would still advise you to have that thing tested. This aint no time to give up bud! Get a can of spinach or a few cases of Red Bull and have at it! Springs around the corner, and when it gets here, you want to be ready for all that beautifull, clean, smooth and endless BLACKTOP! ;)

How do you clean the latches??

It went off again this morning...... <_<

I had just manually pressed the driver's door lock too...

is there ANY way to lock an LS WITHOUT arming the alarm system??

I don't want to tear the dash apart to get to the ECU...... PITA!

Alright I got a can of PB B'laster.

Do I just spray it in the exterior key holes? I tried my key in the trunk the other day and it was quite a chore to get into it. Lots of jimmying around.

Get a screw driver to mimick the door latch opening and closing and keep pressing it in and opening with the handle while you keep spraying pb blaster1 minute .

Then try to open and close the door for about 5 minutes and check the leds for leakage still.

While you are at it , spray the rest of door locks and key holes.

If this does not work , tap the latch with a hammer , if that fails you have to take off the door panel to manually clean it up.

Well the LEDs are done and gone.

It just snowed over a foot last night..... so I'll have to wait for it to melt now! lol

What do you mean by done and gone? You mean you got them to turn off completely? If so, that's great! I can't wait to see if it fixed the problem!

.......... I mean the LEDs are done and gone. I didn't say I got anything fixed with the LEDs.

Are you reading ANY of my posts?? ??

How many times have I said I removed them??