Believe It Or Not

billydpowell

Hi, you may not believe what I done, but I done it.

I took one of my 97 remotes, and set up the 95 to receive the 97 remote signal, by doing the following:

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.

2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.

3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

4. Shut door.

5. Open door.

6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.

8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.

9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.

10. Close the door.

11. Open the door.

12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.

13. Close the door

14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.

15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

Now my remotes will work on either car.

I only have to have one with me and my wife can have the other, and it locks/unlocks/opens trunk.

How cool is that??

we have different keys for our cars but only one remote..

It worked for me.. bp

post-5365-1234205414_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1234205442_thumb.jpg

I'm confused... :huh:

If you have 2 different cars... doesn't it make sense to have a set of keys for each car??

So if they are both parked in the driveway. and let's say she leaves to go somewhere.. She'll unlock BOTH cars just by hitting unlock on her key fob for one of the LS's? Thus leaving the other LS unlocked and susceptible to theivery??

Seems impractical to me...

She'll unlock BOTH cars just by hitting unlock on her key fob for one of the LS's?

I thought that too.

I know, as she backs out of the driveway she hits the FOB thus locking both cars. When she opens her door upon arriving at her destination, the alarm goes off. :cries:

She'll unlock BOTH cars just by hitting unlock on her key fob for one of the LS's?

I thought that too.

I know, as she backs out of the driveway she hits the FOB thus locking both cars. When she opens her door upon arriving at her destination, the alarm goes off.:cries:

only thing wrong with those comments, is they are both garaged with the door down when not in use, and are not locked in the garage. Cheers, bp

I'm confused... :huh:

If you have 2 different cars... doesn't it make sense to have a set of keys for each car??

So if they are both parked in the driveway. and let's say she leaves to go somewhere.. She'll unlock BOTH cars just by hitting unlock on her key fob for one of the LS's? Thus leaving the other LS unlocked and susceptible to theivery??

Seems impractical to me...

you are confused, read it again, I said we have different keys, just the remotes work both cars, plus the cars are always garaged when not in use, and they are not locked in the garage.

is that better? bp

I, for one, wasn't confused. I read your post correctly. I was just giving you grief.

and they are not locked in the garage.

PM me with your address so I can "borrow" one if I'm ever in your area. :whistles:

I, for one, wasn't confused. I read your post correctly. I was just giving you grief.
and they are not locked in the garage.

PM me with your address so I can "borrow" one if I'm ever in your area. :whistles:

It worked, and I fell for it... I knew I should not have shared it with this bunch, but when your 75 your sort of slow.... but I drive Lexus'

Hahaha wow...

I'm just confused as to why this "remote trick" was necessary at all. I'm confused as to why somebody would even want to waste their time opening and closing their doors, and sticking the key in and out of the ignition. I'm confused as to why you have such a sweet attitude. I'm confused as to why you're getting so offended.

I think it's a huge inconvenience to have this done to your remotes.

So if she comes home, parks in the driveway.. and locks her car. Then the LS in the garage will be locked. Do you have to go out and manually unlock it so that you can keep it unlocked in the garage?

I don't think 75 is slow. I drive 60 on the highway going to work everyday, and guess what..... I drive a Lexus too! :D :D

So how do you reset them? To reverse the "mod"???? :)

Thats awesome!

lmao

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha wow...

I'm just confused as to why this "remote trick" was necessary at all. I'm confused as to why somebody would even want to waste their time opening and closing their doors, and sticking the key in and out of the ignition. I'm confused as to why you have such a sweet attitude. I'm confused as to why you're getting so offended.

I think it's a huge inconvenience to have this done to your remotes.

So if she comes home, parks in the driveway.. and locks her car. Then the LS in the garage will be locked. Do you have to go out and manually unlock it so that you can keep it unlocked in the garage?

I don't think 75 is slow. I drive 60 on the highway going to work everyday, and guess what..... I drive a Lexus too! :D :D

So how do you reset them? To reverse the "mod"???? :)

63 here but drive 70 regularly.. I don't understand the problem with remote working both cars?? I never lock mine with the remote, just push the button on the handle. Getting into the unit, just walking up to it and pull the handle with the remote in pocket will allow me to open the doors without pushing a button.??

Once had a couple of Fords with double sided keys. One was ground for one truck and the other for the Lincoln. so the same key fit a pick up and a luxury car.. LOL

not really much of a "trick". all you did was program the alarm on the 95 to use the remote from a 97. that's fine because the system on 95-97 cars is all the same, and FYI, this won't work ALL the time, you just got RIDICULOUSLY lucky that both your cars ran the same FCC frequency. (look at the back of the fob, see that number that says FCC ID, yeah, there's about a dozen or so different varieties of those for 95-97 MY cars, give or take a couple)

63 here but drive 70 regularly.. I don't understand the problem with remote working both cars?? I never lock mine with the remote, just push the button on the handle. Getting into the unit, just walking up to it and pull the handle with the remote in pocket will allow me to open the doors without pushing a button.??

Once had a couple of Fords with double sided keys. One was ground for one truck and the other for the Lincoln. so the same key fit a pick up and a luxury car.. LOL

We aren't talking about a 430. First and second gens don't have fancy entry like the 430's.

If you unlock your car and do not open a door, doesn't it lock after 30 seconds anyway?

I guess I'm confused why everyone seems so concerned about the second car that gets unlocked.

Tom

Sure it does Tom, but why should I spoil their fun... probably half of them drive VW's anyway.

It worked, and I fell for it... I knew I should not have shared it with this bunch, but when your 75 your sort of slow.... but I drive Lexus'

Yep, Billy, you shoulda 'knowed' better. :lol: Seriously, thanks for sharing. While many are shooting holes in the idea, its interesting and another option if one is so inclined

to experiment. Just out of curiosity, where did you ever come up with that magical incantation?

Yep, Billy, you shoulda 'knowed' better. :lol: Seriously, thanks for sharing. While many are shooting holes in the idea, its interesting and another option if one is so inclined

to experiment. Just out of curiosity, where did you ever come up with that magical incantation?

Well to start with I had the 97LS with 2 remotes. I sold my 94LS and bought the 95LS, but it had no remotes. I checked on ebay for remotes and they were more than I wanted to spend. (I did not know there were different FCC codes.)

I saw the remote programing setup on here, copied it and tried it to see if it would work on one of my 97 remotes. it did, and I noticed it was opening up both cars. That is when I realized I was programing the remote and not the car itself. So just blind luck, no smarts at all.

AND I thought maybe some one else might use it, so I posted it.

I really hope it helps someone, the joking dosent bother me, I just go along with it...

If you guys have nothing better to do than read the Lexus blogs, take a look at my Bible study website.... who knows you might be helped..

bp.

If you unlock your car and do not open a door, doesn't it lock after 30 seconds anyway?

I guess I'm confused why everyone seems so concerned about the second car that gets unlocked.

Tom

Sure it does Tom, but why should I spoil their fun... probably half of them drive VW's anyway.

Be nice. As it turns out, I learned how to drive on a '68 VW square back (it was my dad's).

I knew about the 30 second relock, but it was more fun to ignore that fact at the time.

I think everyone knows about the 30 second relock..... if they own an LS right?

It's just funner to ignore it! :D

I still think it's completely ridiculous to have one fob for 2 cars. That's just my personal opinion though. ;)

I think everyone knows about the 30 second relock..... if they own an LS right?

It's just funner to ignore it! :D

I still think it's completely ridiculous to have one fob for 2 cars. That's just my personal opinion though. ;)

but I do have 2 remotes, and 2 LS' it is just that either remote will work BOTH cars.... by the way my 97 Pearl white is prettier than yours....

... so there...

post-5365-1235419485_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah?........well.....................well.................

............ my wheels are nicer! haha :D

Yep, I like yours too...

mine is a coach, but my wife wanted the gold package, so I got the 2003 wheels with the gold center to match.

I still have the silver coach emblems, all but the LS400, if anyone wants/needs them

bp

post-5365-1235426475_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1235426487_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1235426498_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah?........well.....................well.................

............ my wheels are nicer! haha :D

Yep, I like yours too...

mine is a coach, but my wife wanted the gold package, so I got the 2003 wheels with the gold center to match.

I still have the silver coach emblems, all but the LS400, if anyone wants/needs them

bp

how much shipped to socal for the front emblem?