A Few Pics Of My 01 430

G Alex

Hello all. I was ask by a few forum members to post a few pics of my car. It was a nice day today so I took a few. I have done a few modifications but nothing too drastic. Any input or thoughts is appreciated. Cheers. :)

101_0267.jpg101_0261.jpg101_0284.jpg101_0259.jpg101_0260.jpg101_0284.jpg101_0259.jpg101_0251.jpg101_0288.jpg101_0285.jpg

I joined this forum to help my friends with their "new" '01 LS430. It's just like yours without the mods. I had never driven our even paid attention to these cars brfore. We live in snow country and one of our extra/kid cars is a rear drive 740 Volvo "Brick". It has a traction lock rear and does quite well in the snow with a little weight. I thought I would "test" the 430 to see how it pulled. I switched off the traction control and punched it. Holy s*%#, I was blown away by how that mother runs!!! I didn't even know at that time it was a V8. What a great car.

Did I say they inherited it from their grandfather a couple weeks ago..... with 13,000 miles.. Ouch. C.

You jerk are you trying to me a Merc S-Class with those tail lights??? ;)

haha jk man. Looks great. Very clean. I was thinking of MAYBE someday getting my 97 repainted monotone pearl white. The newest Pearl white Toyota has. But I don't see myself spending thousands on painting my car haha.

Keep it up B)

You jerk are you trying to me a Merc S-Class with those tail lights??? ;)

haha jk man. Looks great. Very clean. I was thinking of MAYBE someday getting my 97 repainted monotone pearl white. The newest Pearl white Toyota has. But I don't see myself spending thousands on painting my car haha.

Keep it up B)

Ha, that is funny. I wanted the clear lenses on the taillights but decided to tint them. After I tinted them, I thought it would nice to offset them with white and the way the turn signals line up, I thought that would be a good look. I guess you are right, they do look a lot like a benz s class. Here I thought I was being original and you have to rain on my parade. :rolleyes:

J/k Thanks for the compliments. I wil add some interior pics later. I am putting some 20 inch KMC chrome rims on it this spring. They wont be too over the top, just a clean old school 5 star with a deep dish, think dollar bill deep.

Looks good. What % tint do you have on the windows?

Thanks, I have 20 percent all the way around, it seems just about right for me. I think 35 is legal but I have never been stopped for it.

Probably just jinxed myself now ;)

20% tint is perfect :)

Dude I LOVE 5 spokes on the LS. Make sure the spokes aren't TOO thin though or it may look funny.

You thinking about dropping her at all?

I would love to drop it just a bit, I would love to have the rims totally fill the wheel well but I dont have any idea how to do it and dont want to sacrifice the soft ride. I can remember cutting springs on my old mustang, it felt like I was driving an old farm truck but it was low. Do they make springs for this car that will drop it a bit or what ?

Anyone know anyone who has done it on a 430 ? Pics would be fantastic.

Here are the rims I am thinking about. What you think ?

nova_chrome.jpg

Nice looking ride! B) & I agree....20% tint all around is just perfect.

:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words. I must admit, the windshield is tinted all the way, 50 percent with a 5 percent strip on top. It is almost undetectable. It is just dark enough for me and if you were in the car, you would never know the whole windshield was tinted at all. Here are a few more pics from the front as a reference. The sides and back are all 20 percent though.

101_0253.jpg

101_0254.jpg

101_0257.jpg

101_0255.jpg

OMG I love the wheels dude. SO clean.

Here are some springs and stuff..

http://luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=209

I know that the Tanabe DF line is very soft and comfortable. Sounds like the NF, or "Normal Feeling" springs are very very close to stock.

Maybe 1" is all you need? and for only $215 who's complaining :)

I would love to drop it just a bit, I would love to have the rims totally fill the wheel well but I dont have any idea how to do it and dont want to sacrifice the soft ride. I can remember cutting springs on my old mustang, it felt like I was driving an old farm truck but it was low. Do they make springs for this car that will drop it a bit or what ?

Anyone know anyone who has done it on a 430 ? Pics would be fantastic.

Sorry no pics, but I have heard good things about the tanabe springs ( http://luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=209 ). They don't lower too much and shouldn't completey kill the ride quality. I don't Think I would ever try to cut the springs on an LS. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the links guys. I may have to get those when I upgrade the 17s to 20s. Is 20s the biggest that will fit under the 430 ? What do you guys think of the JOB kit on that link ? Pretty clean, it must be dropped 3 inches or more ? I think the kit is pretty sick and I like a slammed look but that is TOOO low for me. I would tear those off in about 2 minutes. I cant imagine a speed bump :o

04LSaerodifferencecomplete2.jpgrearpic.jpg

01LSaerodifferencecomplete2b.jpgfrontpic.jpg

Anything bigger than 20" on the LS ( to me) is a big dumb joke! :D Very cheesey.

19"s or 20"s with that kit. Deeeeeep dish.

20s would be as big as I would go, I would like to go with a 40 series tire so I am not bending them up all over the place. I cant imagine a 22, probably a 30 series tire or so, just curious what would fit.

What do you think of the kit ?

OMG I love the wheels dude. SO clean.

Here are some springs and stuff..

http://luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=209

I know that the Tanabe DF line is very soft and comfortable. Sounds like the NF, or "Normal Feeling" springs are very very close to stock.

Maybe 1" is all you need? and for only $215 who's complaining :)

Sorry no pics, but I have heard good things about the tanabe springs ( http://luxurymods.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=209 ). They don't lower too much and shouldn't completey kill the ride quality. I don't Think I would ever try to cut the springs on an LS. Hope that helps.

I guess graet minds think alike. Look at the time stamp on these two posts. What are the chances of the same link being posted twice in less than a minute?

Hahaha that's awesome! :lol:

I've been shopping at luxurymods for so long. They have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. ( maybe I just buy too much stuff from them :lol: ) hahaha